What are your rooster's names?

@celestialdreamer I hope your Jasper continues to be a good boy for you.

Here is a recent pic of my Jasper. He's about 4 months old.

@celestialdreamer I hope your Jasper continues to be a good boy for you.

Here is a recent pic of my Jasper. He's about 4 months old.
He's a handsome boy!
love.gif

Twitch- silver laced wyandotte roo - he hated being handled even as a chick and used to Twitch and shake his head when we touched him lol
Nugget- I think he's either a bbr oegb or a wheaten black oegb - when we got him he was super tiny and was so weak he could barely hold his head up in fact his wings were droopy and he couldnt stand up for any length of time. The people at tsc had to keep taking him out of the overcrowded brooder bc he was so tiny and they had gotten a shipment of 90 bantams which kept piling on him under the heat lamp. TLC and some raw egg yolk and he's stunning and sweet as pie(but not in front of the ladies Mom)
Blue- was a porcelain d'uccle that we lost in a freak accident that broke his neck sweeter than sugar he even protected me from the following roo once when that roo came at me repeatedly.
Coco- was some kind of a golden sebright mix that was our favorite and most friendly chick until one day out of nowhere he became this psycho rooster that would stalk you and attack you repeatedly no matter where you were or what you were or weren't doing. He was put down after leaving many scratches and cuts on my legs the day Blue came to my rescue. Also from a hatchery he was not pure and we don't know what he was mixed with.

Kramer-is a partridge silkie named by my mom because his crest at about 10-12 weeks was pretty crazy looking and reminded her of Kramer from Seinfeld and it stuck.
Cotton- is a white silkie and is named because he looks like cotton white and fluffy. He also makes me think of a slightly hill billy farmer in the way he looks acts and moves. His hackles for instance are so long as to kinda make him look like he ought to have a pony tail lol.
(We may have one more white silkie roo if that's the case he will be named Gilligan-as our pullets are Ginger, Mary Anne and Lovey hopefully Mary Anne doesn't turn out to be a boy too or the name will be changed to Yeti.)
Next we have Mickey- that is a black oegb hatched with Minnie(pullet) also a black oegb

Then I have two roos that I haven't named yet
A black 50% English orp roo/ccl hen first gen EE with the autosexing barring from his mother.
A pure black 50% English orp.

Last edited:
@sweety birds

Do you have campine pullets or hens too? How do you like them? how do they lay? What's their temperaments like? Mind if I ask where you got them and where you live(trying to get an idea of climate and conditions)? Also do you free range them at all?

Sorry about the 20 questions been think about getting a few for white eggs.

@sweety birds

Do you have campine pullets or hens too? How do you like them? how do they lay? What's their temperaments like? Mind if I ask where you got them and where you live(trying to get an idea of climate and conditions)? Also do you free range them at all?

Sorry about the 20 questions been think about getting a few for white eggs
hi there, I only have the one cockerel I actually got him for free from a local guy, we are in Orkney the north of Scotland uk. the fella I got him from bought his eggs from ebay.he ordered 24 got 6 all male so he was giving them away. I like my Campbell , he has a bit of an attitude but needs it in that shed there are 9 adult boys. I free range all my birds exept the quail. we have not had a winter with him yet but can't see the colder weather being a problem for him. they all can go in and out of their shed as they please. and here is Orkney the weather is never that warm. I have contacted the seller myself to see about getting eggs and she says they will only be laying in December so I think they must be quite robust. I don't know if this is any help to you atall.

Zues- Splash Cochin
Apallo- Partridge Cochin
Aries- Buff Cochin
Fancy Boy- Black Minorca
Jean-Luc- Slamon Faverole
Those are all my breeders,, I have a few without names that run with the rest of the flock

Back
Top Bottom