What brand of incubator?

That Brinsea is awesome. I had turkeys in it so i did have to open and pull out dry poults so my last 2 had space. the little tykes were climbing all over the eggs and moving them. Once 8 hatched it got a crowded when 10 where hatched it was tight for them. I only expected half to hatch but i was stunned when all 14 were worthy of lockdown. So now I am bias cause I was over the moon happy when i saw how many externally pipped and when they started zipping i was glued to the machine in awe LOL

Last edited:
Unfortunately can't afford the incubators mentioned here. Australia doesn't stock them. I would have to order overseas which would work out too expensive once U convert Australian dollars to American.

A friend uses and recommends this...http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=221777755188

He said he gets good hatch rates. I don't get why it says it's fully automatic. Them it says semi auto....which one is it? And what does semi auto mean? I want an incubator where U have to do very little.

A lot of aussie providers stock Janoel. What's everyone's on this one? Is it worth it?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=181757355698

Thanks again!

Have you checked Amazon? I got mine off of Amazon for about the same cost of the ones that you were looking at and I was able to get free shipping. (Hova Bator Genesis 1588) I have a 69% hatch on my first attempt and 87% on my second. I just started another batch yesterday. Either way I hope you find a good bator that works for you! :)

Have you checked Amazon? I got mine off of Amazon for about the same cost of the ones that you were looking at and I was able to get free shipping. (Hova Bator Genesis 1588) I have a 69% hatch on my first attempt and 87% on my second. I just started another batch yesterday. Either way I hope you find a good bator that works for you! :)
Did I wish good luck on the new hatch? If not, good luck!! 90%+ this time, right.
wink.png

Unfortunately can't afford the incubators mentioned here. Australia doesn't stock them. I would have to order overseas which would work out too expensive once U convert Australian dollars to American.

A friend uses and recommends this...http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=221777755188

He said he gets good hatch rates. I don't get why it says it's fully automatic. Them it says semi auto....which one is it? And what does semi auto mean? I want an incubator where U have to do very little.

A lot of aussie providers stock Janoel. What's everyone's on this one? Is it worth it?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=181757355698

Thanks again!

That Janoel looks like a "real" one. I have the Chinese knock-off version, but it has worked fine for me. Here's one thread about the Janoel and there are many threads about them here. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/951784/janoel-incubation-experience Basically, I think I have found that they can have some issues, but easy enough to deal with after you get the hang of it. Most important thing is to invest in more thermometers/hygrometers than just relying on the unit. And calibrate your meters for accuracy!! Almost any incubator will need some tweaks here and there, so don't expect a miracle on your first attempt. My biggest complaint was the gray bottom, which you cannot see through...because mine doesn't have the 4 viewing windows on top like that one. I ended up cutting windows into mine. I know its cosmetic and doesn't affect the functionality, but I would not have purchased it if someone had mentioned it to me first, so I mention it to you in that respect.
I have no idea about that one your friend recommended. Fully-auto...semi-auto? Those statements alone would cause me concern with the listing! Good luck and let us know what you decide on!

Oh yeah. The Brinsea are the expensive ones, but they are almost fool proof. Janoel in my opinion from what I've gleaned, isn't better than the styros. I have heard many good things with the hovabotor and think that will be my next purchase. I like the bigger viewing window on the 1588.
You are everywhere on this site Amy. I tried to add a reputation as you help everyone and give wonderful advice but sadly I have reached my limit.
he.gif
Dont tell SC I spoke so highly of you lol

a lot of people put the janoel 8-48 incubator down and the main reason for that is because they got ripped off because someone sold them the counterfeit machine. I myself have an official journal incubator and let me tell you it runs 24 7 maintains temperature perfectly maintains humidity readings perfectly and I had quail so it holds 144 quail eggs. I too have gotten ripped off with knock off and AM actually fighting ebay for a refund right now! The knockoffs give the company a bad name but in my opinion I buy a dozen of them if they were real! Now on another note does anyone happen to know if general has a customer service number?

Back
Top Bottom