What bread is this?

I agree, both EE's
The other I believe is a Welsummer Pullet.
I also have 2 Black and White EE's-great birds.
Actually, I see (sort of see, hard to tell) a pea comb on that Welsummer pullet. So it's a welsummer mix, I'm gonna say another easter egger. Welsummers are straight comb I believe. I've had a couple Welsummer mixes that were green eggers from Hoover's.

Actually, I see (sort of see, hard to tell) a pea comb on that Welsummer pullet. So it's a welsummer mix, I'm gonna say another easter egger. Welsummers are straight comb I believe. I've had a couple Welsummer mixes that were green eggers from Hoover's.
Ohhh, I think you're right.

@Kpappas24 could you get a comb picture of that one?

Is this an Easter egger too? The store gave me 4 of these. Two were light brown and two had slightly darker brown but same feather pattern… how do you know if they are Easter vs olive?
If the olive eggers are cream crested legbar mixes, they'll have a head poof. But you can make olive eggers from many other mixes.

You can't tell until they lay what color they will give you. Some EEs (aka birds who lay colored eggs) lay olive, some lay green, some lay blue, some lay tan because they didn't inherit a blue egg gene for some reason. Depends on the genetics of the parent birds and what the progeny got genetically. Olive eggers are basically a special case of easter eggers, IMO. OEs have a blue egg gene and really dark brown/chocolate egg genes which combine to give olive. If the brown genes are light or medium brown, then you get a green egger. Shade of green is determined by what brown genes the hen has.

I hatched 20 home-made easter eggers (production red rooster x prairie bluebell hens and starlight green egger hens). Got 8 hens in total. Most of the PBE progeny lay green, one lays light olive. The only SGE progeny lays tan - she missed getting the blue egg gene from her mom.

Those are some gorgeous pullets! Have fun!!!

And if you think to update this post once they're laying, we'd love to know what color they end up laying for you. :)

Fun fact - pea comb is linked to the blue egg gene in these breeds: Americana, Araucauna (sp?), and mixed breeds from them (prairie bluebell egger, many easter eggers). However, pea comb can be linked to straight comb in some breeds, including cream crested legbar (CCL), and there may be others I don't recall.

For Brahma, pea comb is linked to brown egg genes. So if you get brahma genetics mixed in with blue linked pea comb EEs, there's no telling by looks what genes your birds will have.

Comb type is on the same gene as egg color is I think how it works, and pea comb is dominant, while straight comb is recessive.

Many EEs are based on araucana or americana lineage, so pea comb means they have the blue egg gene, and will therefore lay green or olive, or maybe blue if they're bred for it. But not always. Straight comb EEs are also a thing (CCL based), and straight comb OEs with head poofs are so cute!

That actually looks like a Welsummer! You'll get some dark pretty eggs from her!

Well, usually Olive Eggers have feathers on their head. So that's an easy way to tell. Not all have that though.
The guy at the store messed up my order request and u have been confused for months lol do you have a pic of an olive egger with feathers on their head?

The guy at the store messed up my order request and u have been confused for months lol do you have a pic of an olive egger with feathers on their head?
23DE331C-E370-40D0-BC5B-8C84043572EB.jpeg

This would likely be a cross of a Welsummer and Crested Legbar :)

Attachments

• 079C1C8D-0BEE-483F-B165-07C443968BC8.jpeg
    079C1C8D-0BEE-483F-B165-07C443968BC8.jpeg
    790.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 93395F0C-6B50-48D9-83C3-FA56DE53238F.jpeg
    93395F0C-6B50-48D9-83C3-FA56DE53238F.jpeg
    860.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 6A475E0F-8E49-4537-AA3C-2D501C3B1AA7.jpeg
    6A475E0F-8E49-4537-AA3C-2D501C3B1AA7.jpeg
    876.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 0A3B05F0-5BC2-48BF-A1AC-1ACE3B3F1638.jpeg
    0A3B05F0-5BC2-48BF-A1AC-1ACE3B3F1638.jpeg