What breed and gender are my two chickens

smoon

Chirping
Apr 27, 2016
I have these two cute, sweet black chickens who I bought as babies. They are 11 weeks old now and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what breed they are and also what gender.

So you think #2 may be a hen? I sure hope so. It's tail feathers are a little pointier but I still have hope!

The tail feathers have a little curve at the end but that's not uncommon in juvenile pullets. The feathers on the back are nice and rounded. The comb and wattles, while larger than the other pullet, are pretty small and pale compared to a typical cockerel at that age.

So you think #2 may be a hen? I sure hope so. It's tail feathers are a little pointier but I still have hope!

Where did you get them? To me they look like mixed breeds. I'm guessing both are pullets.

Where did you get them? To me they look like mixed breeds. I'm guessing both are pullets.

i got them from a lady who had several breeds of "backyard" hens and just one rooster. Now that I think of it, they must be mixed breeds. The rooster was black. So I guess there is no telling!

Thank you for your thoughts!

Back
Top Bottom