What breed are my chickens?

I was told this chick is a Faverolles cockerel, do you agree? 4 weeks old at the time I posted the pictures. Has feathers on it's feet.

Is there a difference in a Red Star and a Production Red? Thanks.
Yes, there is a difference. Red Stars are hybrids produced (I think-I might have the breed/genders mixed up) by crossing a Rhode Island Red rooster with a Barred Rock hen. The resulting offspring are sex-linked, which means males and females are different colors from hatch onward.

Production reds are hatchery birds that usually have Rhode Island or New Hampshire in their heritage, but are not purebred. Some hatcheries sell production reds as Rhode Island Reds.

\

1st one is a Red Star
Agreed. It's a Red Sex Link of some sort. Red Star, Golden Buff, Golden Comet, ISA Brown are all trade names of Red Sex Links.

#8 is an Easter Egger, not an Ameraucana. That leads me to believe that the other puffy cheeked hens are EEs, too. It's possible to have EEs that look extremely similar to Amerauanas, I bred a bunch myself this year. Lots of gorgeous blue, black and splash babies that were blue Ameraucana crossed with blue-egg laying Easter Eggers from Meyer Hatchery.

Agreed. It's a Red Sex Link of some sort. Red Star, Golden Buff, Golden Comet, ISA Brown are all trade names of Red Sex Links.

#8 is an Easter Egger, not an Ameraucana. That leads me to believe that the other puffy cheeked hens are EEs, too. It's possible to have EEs that look extremely similar to Amerauanas, I bred a bunch myself this year. Lots of gorgeous blue, black and splash babies that were blue Ameraucana crossed with blue-egg laying Easter Eggers from Meyer Hatchery.

What does it mean if the legs are a dark green?

So, com next summer when this chick is a year old
If I pen this hen up for 6 weeks

Then put the boy above in with her, I should get pure bred Salmon Favorolle chicks?

Back
Top Bottom