What breed are these Bantams

Ducks-R-Us

Songster
10 Years
Jul 23, 2009
North Dakota
I purchased these about a month ago at an auction for 50 cents each have wondered what breed are these or are they mixed?

Here is the ROO
37433_img_1201.jpg

Here is the Hen
37433_img_1203.jpg

37433_img_1204.jpg

My Black Breasted Red Old English Game pair doesnt have like the mottled look on his chest so the hen is a "BBR OEGB"im not sure about the rooster looks almost alike but just wondering about the chest? WOW you got them for 50 CENT!
ep.gif
are you kidding me!?

Update: well not that i look at it my hen doesnt really look like that

Heres my purebred Black Brested Old English Game Bantams

40043_chickens_046.jpg

ANYWAY THERE VERY PRETTY!

Last edited:
Yes, a whole 50 cents each - there were three, the other is a pure white hen about the same size. They have been laying eggs about every other day since the day I brought them home. I hatched out a few chicks but the night I brought them home I put them in a pen with a black silkie and wouldn't you know it, he bred the brown hen, so I have a few x's and one the looks like it's pure.

Quote:
Many OEGB roosters are dubbed, as it is a show requirement. And very pretty birds. I feel sorry for the owner who only got 50 cents for them, but auctions are risky. Last time I went to an auction I saw boxes of RIR chicks go for 15 cents each, what a dreadful experiance for that breeder.

Back
Top Bottom