What Breed are these

Jman125

In the Brooder
Mar 12, 2023
I Bought what was supposed to be a black copper maran rooster and Hen she didn't have feathers on her feet so I ended up buying another hen (black copper ) that has feathers on feet I'm new to this Breed and want to make sure I'm dealing with both black coppers in the pics what do y'all think they are Thanks Everyone
IMG_20230222_161346502_HDR.jpg

BCMs should have some amount of red in their head/hackles.
DSC_7343.jpg

The one on the left may be a Marans mix. What color are the soles of the feet on the bird on the right?

They are both female. As far as I know BCM are supposed to have amber coloured feathering on their necks but I'm no expert on breeds.

They are laying one lays kind of a speckled egg and the other lays kind of a dark one
Is this the dark egg? Looks like a normal brown egg.

I'd say the bird on the right is a Marans mix. I don't think the one on the left it. I suspect that one has yellow skin.

That hen Circled is the one with Feathered feet reason I thought she was somewhat black copper but I also have a friend who raises and he says not all black coppers have Feathered feet or the colorless copper in their neck

Attachments

• IMG_20230222_161346502_HDR~2.jpg
    IMG_20230222_161346502_HDR~2.jpg
    908.6 KB · Views: 5
That hen Circled is the one with Feathered feet reason I thought she was somewhat black copper but I also have a friend who raises and he says not all black coppers have Feathered feet or the colorless copper in their neck
This is true. I have some Marans with one feather on each leg and others with much more. I have a mixed Marans half copper half Cuckoo. She has no gold feathers but speckled ear feathers. And she lays a variety of light and dark eggs depending on her laying cycle.

Yep - depends on their breeding!

Back
Top Bottom