What breed are these?

Hollywood Chickens

Songster
10 Years
Mar 12, 2009
Florida
They are about 18 weeks old, they are my neighbor's and he is wondering what breed they are, he got them at a feed store and they were white as chicks.

24817_capture.jpg

I am pretty sure that they are all hens, since none of them are crowing and I don't see any hackle or tail feathers.

They have thick yellow legs and short beaks like a cornish, pretty friendly, red earlobes and they are not laying yet.

Thank you!

ETA: they have red, black, and barred markings, I was thinking a Delaware/White rock mix, whatcha think?

Last edited:
This is weird. I keep thinking I know what they are, then coming up with reasons why they aren't what I think! Maybe I'm tireder than I realize?

I don't think they're sex-link males, at that age they should have a lot more roo characteristics/hackle and saddle feathers. And I would def. think come crowing would be going on!

Are they laying? The nice red combs say they should be, of not now, then soon.

The closest thing I can think of is white rocks, but they just don't look right to me.

I give, I'm going to bed. I'll see what everyone else thinks tomorrow
tongue.png

Quote:
I was thinking that also, but then I saw them in person, and they don't have any hackle or tail feathers! they also aren't crowing or mating the hens.

I guess they are just low quality White rocks.

maybe they're those 'amber links' that everyone is talking about. that only tsc sells. I don't know. I takes a while for saddle and hackle feathers to come in. I still think they're red sex link males, maybe even alittle younger than 18 weeks. Even at 18 weeks, those are some very developed and red comb and waddles...I'm still going with boys, sorry.

I agree the combs are large compared to their size for hens, but they haven't crowed.

Also they have such thick legs! he doesn't remember where he got them, but the closest feed store only sells pullets.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom