What breed are these?

Give it some more time...they will crow eventually
lol.png

They're either Amber Link hens or Red Sexlink roosters...

They don't have any hackle or saddle feathers that I can see, but they still look very roostery to me.
hu.gif

I just took some new pictures, they were being very cooperative
smile.png

24817_dscn0499s.jpg

Closeup of their heads:
24817_dscn0504s.jpg

Full body:
24817_dscn0505s.jpg

They are a little bigger than my Leghorn and Anconas.

Thank you!

Now that I see the better pics and the color on them, I'm also going with sex-link males. I guess. I'm thinking they're younger than stated, though? My roos at that age have always been showing their testosterone
smile.png

I am really starting to agree with you,
sad.png
I really don't want to tell him that all of his chickens are roosters! I just looked at the 2 week picture, it is dated March 10
hmm.png
which would put them at about 12 weeks

I think you have a mix of Amber Links. I have one hen left out of 4 that I purchased last year. The roos all had some red, mostly in their wings while the hens had very little if any at all. It was a loooong time before I could tell them apart. Their size and crowing was about the only way I could tell. My hen has a large bright red comb. She lays reasonably well, missing a day here and there.

Quote:
I am still trying to figure out how old they are, the picture was posted March 10, but on March 4 in a different picture was posted and they look about 4 weeks old in it.

They are twice the size of my 13 week old Rocks, so I still don't know how old they are!

Back
Top Bottom