What breed could Kyle be?

Chickenmama1966

Chirping
May 10, 2022
Hi. I got this beautiful rooster last year and would like to know his breed. I am his 3rd owner and his forever home. I asked the previous owners and they were told he was maybe part easteregger but the eggs from the hens are all brown and I've googled. He's a good boy, does a great job looking after his girls!
20220919_181915.jpg
20220919_181851.jpg
20220919_181915.jpg

Hi. I got this beautiful rooster last year and would like to know his breed. I am his 3rd owner and his forever home. I asked the previous owners and they were told he was maybe part easteregger but the eggs from the hens are all brown and I've googled. He's a good boy, does a great job looking after his girls!View attachment 3546893View attachment 3546895View attachment 3546893
Sorry, I don’t know, but @MysteryChicken knows a lot about genetics. You could ask. He’s beautiful

He reminds me of a Silver Laced Wyandotte, although I don't think he looks quite right for a purebred. Maybe a mix of Silver Laced Wyandotte and something else.

maybe part easteregger but the eggs from the hens are all brown
Are you talking about eggs laid by his daughters? Or eggs from hens that look like him and might be related to him? Yes, either of those would be helpful for guessing whether he's part Easter Egger.

Or are you talking about eggs from the hens he mates with? A hen does not lay different color eggs when she mates with one rooster or another.

He reminds me of a Silver Laced Wyandotte, although I don't think he looks quite right for a purebred. Maybe a mix of Silver Laced Wyandotte and something else.

Are you talking about eggs laid by his daughters? Or eggs from hens that look like him and might be related to him? Yes, either of those would be helpful for guessing whether he's part Easter Egger.

Or are you talking about eggs from the hens he mates with? A hen does not lay different color eggs when she mates with one rooster or another.
Oh ok now I have that part cleared up. I thought that maybe the father made a difference in egg color. I'm a newbie, this is only my 3rd year having chickens.

Back
Top Bottom