What breed could this black and white chick be?

Yes, I still think she's a pullet.
And I think Australorp is still the most likely breed (assuming she lays brown eggs when she grows up. Eggs that are white, or any shade of blue/green/olive, would prove that she's something else.)
Thank you! I was thinking Australorp too, but she just doesn't look much like the other Australorps I've seen on here at this age. The pullets I've seen at this age seem to have more of a comb and wattles. But hey, maybe Ursula is just a late bloomer.

So glad you still think she is a pullet! We have bonded a lot so I would be sad to have to get rid of her. We are not allowed roosters in my city. She is very cuddley and hops up on my lap to be pet. I've never had a chicken who does that before.

Yay! That's exciting. I specifically picked a mostly black chick from the bin at Meyer in hopes of getting an Australorp :) They just seem like an all-around good breed. Do you like yours?
We love them :) Ours are only about six months, and 5 of our 8 have started laying. They're very mild-mannered and come running to greet us at the run door in hopes of treats.
They aren't super snuggly, but they squat for my seven-year-old and let him hold them ... if he can catch them lol.

We love them :) Ours are only about six months, and 5 of our 8 have started laying. They're very mild-mannered and come running to greet us at the run door in hopes of treats.
They aren't super snuggly, but they squat for my seven-year-old and let him hold them ... if he can catch them lol.
Aw, that's so sweet! Sounds like a nice family bird. Not every chicken has to be cuddley, just generally docile (not aggressive) and fun to watch is great for me.

Yay! That's exciting. I specifically picked a mostly black chick from the bin at Meyer in hopes of getting an Australorp :) They just seem like an all-around good breed. Do you like yours?
20220615_193648.jpg
The first photo is of some of our girls around 5-6 weeks :)
And the second photo is just two closer to 9 weeks.
Some of them had more yellow/white fluff faces and beaks to start, but now all of them are completely black and have solid black beaks.

Attachments

• 20220707_190026.jpg
    20220707_190026.jpg
    942.2 KB · Views: 1
View attachment 3312405This is a phot of some of our girls around 5-6 weeks :)
Absolutely gorgeous birds! There's something about my chicken that just looks different though, maybe the eye not being as large? Maybe it just depends on the hatchery though. Either way, you have a beautiful flock!

Back
Top Bottom