What breed is my lovely banty roo?

k0r1nag

Chirping
9 Years
Sep 11, 2010
Kelso
Hello. I am a newbie chicken enthusiast and I have a lovely banty roo who is 2 years old. I have no idea what breed he is as he was from an assorted purebred banty chick collection. He has a large single comb, clean legs and face (no beard or muffs), and what I believe is called a tassel on his head. His coloring is almost mille fleur, though he doesn't have the chevrons quite like I have seen on my Mille Fleur D'Uccles. This year I paired him with a Mille Fleur D'Uccle hen (she is pictured on the lower left) and the babies have all had spectacular coloring – and every single one had a tassel. I'd love to find out what he is so that I can purchase a mate of the same breed as I really like this feisty little roo. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks!
Korina

67591_what_breed.jpg

Thanks to those who have replied. I thought he might be a Pyncheon, but was completely unable to understand how he ended up in a batch from a hatchery – especially one that does not offer the Pyncheon breed for sale. Now I guess I need to find a Pyncheon breeder so he can have a mate or two (because I need more chickens
big_smile.png
)

Korina

Back
Top Bottom