What breed is the rooster?

maeflower1992

Songster
Mar 18, 2023
Ohio
Hello all. What breed is the rooster and hen in front of him? They are like a cream color with gray/blue tail.

1000008158.jpg

I should also mention that he has some barred feathers near the tail, and that is not a typical trait of Isabellas. One ancestor must have the barring gene.
I was wonering about the barred feathers. That was throwing me off. There are also not many photos online that I could find about the color. I would like to hatch some chicks out from them. Do you know if the chicks would be the same color mostly? I know with some dilute colors you don't get the same color chicks.

I was wonering about the barred feathers. That was throwing me off. There are also not many photos online that I could find about the color. I would like to hatch some chicks out from them. Do you know if the chicks would be the same color mostly? I know with some dilute colors you don't get the same color chicks.
You'd get similar coloring in this case if you hatched from the two Isabellas. The rooster looks to have single barring, which means he has only one barring gene instead of two. So he'd pass it on to half of his offspring. No sex link option since you have to have barred hens with non-barred roosters for that, just fyi.

You'd get similar coloring in this case if you hatched from the two Isabellas. The rooster looks to have single barring, which means he has only one barring gene instead of two. So he'd pass it on to half of his offspring. No sex link option since you have to have barred hens with non-barred roosters for that, just fyi.
Thank you for the information!

Still learning chicken colors and genetics. I know a bunch more about rabbits lol.

Is it always the case if you mate a barred hen with a none barred rooster the offspring will be sex links?
For example if I take a Barred Plymouth Rock hen and Rhode Island rooster, the resulting chicks will be sex-links?

Back
Top Bottom