What breed is this 1year old hen(PIC HEAVY) Difficul to sex, Good luck

Happy Chooks, Mines comb is bigger also, How much does yours weigh? mines about 2-3 pounds. I diddent take your comment in a mean way, I was just stating that I dont breed for money.
I really want to figure what she got crossed with.. She came from my local feedstore last year and they got her from either a hatchery or a local chick hatcher in location...

Last edited:
Quote:
She was still young here, hadn't started laying yet. She's fuller now, and her comb is a bit bigger. I have no idea how much she weighs, sorry. (She's LF though)

Yours is a bantam then?

I would say either a game mix or a brown leghorn mix. If she were mixed with welsummer I'd expect her to have much darker eggs than 'white-ish cream'.

Quote:
She was still young here, hadn't started laying yet. She's fuller now, and her comb is a bit bigger. I have no idea how much she weighs, sorry. (She's LF though)

Yours is a bantam then?

I believe so. Im my pics of her, theres a pic of her compaired to my Barred rock girl.

Quote:

Yours is a bantam then?

I believe so. Im my pics of her, theres a pic of her compaired to my Barred rock girl.

She does not look small enough to be bantam but since she is mixed she could be a LF/bantam cross. My brown leghorn hens were not all that big either.

ok your breeds are close but the reall breed is a welsummer cross with a partrige cochen.
smile.png
smile.png
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom