What breed is this chicken???

So here she/he is

The most recent opinion is female from someone who breeds welsummer & Leghorn because of the breast feather & wing colors. Anyone have any input?
Thanks
smile.png

Pullet so far, if you get to six-seven weeks and she's still that color, you've got a little girl.

Here is my supposedly Blur Ameraucana Roo. He doesn't have any markings of a rooster yet, but I know they are a little more slow to mature.

Yeah, those things are wayyyy too slow maturing to tell much at this age. Try again at 10-12 weeks.

Pullet so far, if you get to six-seven weeks and she's still that color, you've got a little girl.

Yeah, those things are wayyyy too slow maturing to tell much at this age. Try again at 10-12 weeks.
Thanks! She (hopefully) will stay that way. We only ordered one welsummer and one light brown Leghorn, along with other breeds singly so we are hoping not to have to many wrong sexed chicks, and so far they are looking good.
And yes Ameraucana can devolpe so slowly compared to other breeds. We also have there Easter Eggers and they can be a little but not nearly as slow as him!

So I posted earlier about my little chick who had a huge comb. I took pictures of both of my two birds. One is a welsummer and one is a light brown Leghorn. Anyone know which is which by the photos?
Bird # 1

m

Bird # 2

Sorry for so many photos but I wanted to give as much view from both birds.
Thanks

Bird # 1

Whoops sorry I think I may have mixed a pic of another chick in with my photos of the first chick, they look a little to similar on my phone than in person.

Just bought 11 chickens, they are all mixes but I dont know anything about their breeds. Was wondering if anyone could help me identify some of their possible breeds. All about three months old, and I'm not even sure about their genders (the breeds are combless). Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Little Brown One

The little white one

The little black one

Little black one in middle

This brown hen

All are mixes. The first is possibly a second generation red sex link and is male. The rest are girls, maybe a few silkie EE crosses in there
Thanks How did you know? (So I can figure it out next time.)
I was also told that the chicken above was a rooster but hasn't crowing so I'm not sure now. Do you have any idea about it's gender?

Back
Top Bottom