What breed is this? I'm confused!

Haha yes it is
1f60a.png
I just got my first flock on Saturday but I've been researching them for the last month or two so I can learn everything I need to know about chickens. Never thought chickens were such a complex creature!

For those with mystery chicks, I thought I'd post an update. Rosie is now Junior, and he's a big beautiful rooster. That's him with my granddaughter as my avatar.

If the father of this rooster is a barred rock, and the mother is an Easter egger, his comb would be a pea shaped comb, sort of like a Dominque. He would get a beard snd muff from his mother.
I know I'm quoting a older post but I wanted to clear something up before someone gets the wrong idea.

The comb of a Barred Rock / Easter Egger cross could be any type since a Easter Egger is a mixed breed and can carry more than one comb gene in it background. Also Pea comb and Rose comb (the comb that is on a Dominque) are as different as a Single comb and a Pea comb.

I have a question I'm getting 3 barred rocks and 3 buff Orpington a but I want a rooster but I don't know what kind of rooster to get? Please help

I'm going to get 3 barred rocks and 3 buff Orpingtons but I want a rooster but I don't know what breed to get? Please help?

Back
Top Bottom