What breed is this rescued chicken?

We rescued this chicken from the slaughter house a couple
Of Months ago and I’m wondering what breed is she?
In my experience from having rescue hens, she is probably an Isa brown, she looks exactly like my Mrs Brown. I had a mixture of ISA browns and Rhode Island reds. So kind of you to give these girls a home :love

You are so wonderful to rescue her! 😇 She looks amazing. Nice job!

I've also been looking for an ex-battery hen to adopt for a long time. I've reached out to several rescues over the past 2 years and no luck. They seem unusually hard to find. May I ask where you got your girl?
I had tried also for a few years to rescue from sanctuaries without success, specially now with the avian virus some of them are not accepting birds, we rescued Libby from the front of a live poultry market, she scaped her cage and we took her, we were walking by it at the time this happened, a few friends also rescued 12 chicken from another poultry market. I have space for 2 more birds and I’m going to go to the same place at the same time to see if I can rescue 2 more. Libby was in Terrible shape and traumatized but after 2 months she is totally recovered, integrated and loves her fellow humans despite of what she went through! ❣️

We rescued this chicken from the slaughter house a couple
Of Months ago and I’m wondering what breed is she?
She is one of the various strains of production birds used as battery hens, likely an ISA Brown.

Thank you for all your help and great info, here is a picture of how Libby looked when we rescued her, she has improved so much!
Thank you for helping her out, you are so kind!

I had tried also for a few years to rescue from sanctuaries without success, specially now with the avian virus some of them are not accepting birds, we rescued Libby from the front of a live poultry market, she scaped her cage and we took her, we were walking by it at the time this happened, a few friends also rescued 12 chicken from another poultry market. I have space for 2 more birds and I’m going to go to the same place at the same time to see if I can rescue 2 more. Libby was in Terrible shape and traumatized but after 2 months she is totally recovered, integrated and loves her fellow humans despite of what she went through! ❣️
Good work❤️. Now she can live the rest of her days out happy.

Back
Top Bottom