What breed is this??

Update!

I've checked all over the chick and all over the other chicks that are with it and there are no mites or lice of any kind so that's at least ruled that out!

It's feathers are if anything becoming more and more tatty however it is preening itself I've whitnessed it doing it in multiple occasions without any problems :-/

Because of its epilepsy some of the fits it has can on occasion be rather violent and I'm thinking that maybe this is giving the chick a tatterd appearance!

However never had or even heard of a chick having epilepsy until I had this one I'm not 100% sure that can explain the problem :-/

It could be a frizzle/frizzle pairing or maybe inbreeding?? Does anybody else think that that could be the answer???

Attachments

• IMG_6542.JPG
    IMG_6542.JPG
    732.7 KB · Views: 11
No, I don't think it's a frazzle. Frazzles look like frizzles except that they have more breakage giving them a halfway plucked appearance. But, you're right that there could be something else wrong genetically causing it.

There are some reports of vitamin supplements helping with just about everything but that would presume either the food you're giving is deficit or the chick's not processing nutrients normally. But, malnutrition can also present as poor plumage condition.

You may never know exactly what the problem is but you do what you can to help the chick lead as normal a life as possible and understand that not everything has a cure.

It does have the ragged feathers like a frizzle cross. Or maybe it is lazy and doesn't want to clean its feathers. It doesn't however look like a Polish. More like a golden comet cross.

Another update!

The chick has got allot better I have seen it have hardly any fits it used to have one every 10-15 mins but now the last time I whitnesed it having one was at least three days ago! It is much stronger now and has turned into a bit of a bully! So at least it's finally finding its feet!

It's feathers have really settled out they are hardly ragged at all now there are some that are still kinda ragged but no where near as bad!!

Over all it is much healthier and I couldn't be happier :)

Pretty sure it's a girl but still no idea on the breed!

Hard to see in the pictures as the other chicks were always photobombing! It's head is massive :-/

Attachments

• IMG_6618.JPG
    IMG_6618.JPG
    944.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6620.JPG
    IMG_6620.JPG
    997.6 KB · Views: 7
Managed to get some without the photobombing!

Attachments

• IMG_6628.JPG
    IMG_6628.JPG
    633.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6638.JPG
    IMG_6638.JPG
    782.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6639.JPG
    IMG_6639.JPG
    845.6 KB · Views: 9
Another update!

The chick has got allot better I have seen it have hardly any fits it used to have one every 10-15 mins but now the last time I whitnesed it having one was at least three days ago! It is much stronger now and has turned into a bit of a bully! So at least it's finally finding its feet!

It's feathers have really settled out they are hardly ragged at all now there are some that are still kinda ragged but no where near as bad!!

Over all it is much healthier and I couldn't be happier :)

Pretty sure it's a girl but still no idea on the breed!

Hard to see in the pictures as the other chicks were always photobombing! It's head is massive :-/
That's great that it's doing better! :)

I think it might be a russian orloff.

Back
Top Bottom