What breed of chick and are blue eyes ok??

HaloAmanda

In the Brooder
Jun 24, 2016
Norwalk, Connecticut
So I have these 2 chicks that were sold as buff Orpingtons. They are the same age but one is much larger and her feathers have come on better. The smaller one is having an awful time with her feathers but also has feathered legs, any guesses on the breed?

The bigger one has blue eyes and the smaller has very green eyes.

So I have these 2 chicks that were sold as buff Orpingtons. They are the same age but one is much larger and her feathers have come on better. The smaller one is having an awful time with her feathers but also has feathered legs, any guesses on the breed?

The bigger one has blue eyes and the smaller has very green eyes.

Don't take my word for it but could the smaller one w feathered legs be a buff Cochin? Those also come in a bantam variety which could explain size. What did she look like as a chick?

Don't take my word for it but could the smaller one w feathered legs be a buff Cochin? Those also come in a bantam variety which could explain size. What did she look like as a chick?
I have such a mix I honestly couldn't tell you what that specific one looked like as a smaller chick. Out of these 2 I was thinking one was a buff Orpington and other was New Hampshire red I believe but then thought I had 2 Buffs until I noticed the feathered legs. I'm pretty good with all the darker chicks but the mix of pight and white ones has me a bit confused. I was supposed to have a New Hampshire red but no one looks to be. I would love a Cochin but was not planning on any bantams as K wanted all large hens besides my silkies

Back
Top Bottom