What Breed of Chicken is Your Favorite Ever?

Rfalls

In the Brooder
Apr 10, 2024
Iowa
Hi All! Very new still, here & raising chickens lol. I am curious to know what your favorite breed is? I understand each one has it's own personality, but just overall. I currently have lavender orpingtons but I really want to get another breed that just sticks out. Thanks!

When we first started I'm sure we would have said Black Australorps, but we've grown quite fond of our Brahmas to the point my hubby said we need all Brahmas lol we have 4 light and 4 buff lol they are friendly, decent layers, calm, social. And big!

I love all Orpingtons ill never be without one in my flock!
Brahmas are also amazing
I also really like Russian Orloffs although i didnt get to have one long, im hatching out some more!
And so far Standard Cochins and Bantam Cochins i like their colors and personalities

I will stay away from and super high production, after my Cinnamon queen had some egg problems.

My salmon favorelles are one of my top favorites. They have a ton of personality and are SPUNKY! Very friendly but my two are quite loud.
Although the title of favorite for my salmon favorelles may be overtaken by my new batch of appenzeller spitzhaubens. They are almost a week old but they are the most friendly and active chicks I have had.

Back
Top Bottom