What Breed Of Chicken Should I Get to Fit Me?

Would Wyandotte's, Delaware's, Ameraucana's, Silke's, Mille Fleur D'uccle's, or Gold Laced Polish set good?

Would Wyandotte's, Delaware's, Ameraucana's, Silke's, Mille Fleur D'uccle's, or Gold Laced Polish set good?

I know silkies will, not sure about the rest. Only problem with silkies is their size, can't cover as many eggs. Good luck to you! :)

Thank you for all of you guys help! Today I just ordered from Ideal Poultry Breeding Farms Inc. and here is what I decided on...

4 Blue Laced Red Wyandott Bantam
2 Delaware Pullets
2 Ameraucana Pullets
2 Red Silke Bantam Straight Runs
1 Mille Fleur D'uccle Bantam
1 Gold Laced Polish Straight Runs

If you have any Helpful hints on how to take care of any of these breeds feel welcome to post. But note I have 20 other chickens so I am not inexperienced.

Last edited:
Only question I have is why did you order just one d'Uccle and one Polish? I would have ordered more, along with more silkies and Wyandottes, to increase the chances of pullets. What will you do with the cockerels?

I recommend fermented feed for all your birds. You can find out about it on the "Fermented Feed for Meat Birds" thread.

@BGMatt . Now don't go shooting down hatcheries just because they are not purebreds. Just cause they aren't purebreds doesn't mean they don't vary in traits!!!

Silkies go broody really well as do cochins. Polish don't go broody. I don't know about the other breeds, sorry.

Thank you for all of you guys help! Today I just ordered from Ideal Poultry Breeding Farms Inc. and here is what I decided on...

4 Blue Laced Red Wyandott Bantam
2 Delaware Pullets
2 Ameraucana Pullets
2 Red Silke Bantam Straight Runs
1 Mille Fleur D'uccle Bantam
1 Gold Laced Polish Straight Runs

If you have any Helpful hints on how to take care of any of these breeds feel welcome to post. But note I have 20 other chickens so I am not inexperienced.

I've got some Delawares. Right now they are my best layers.

I am only in my teens and my parents are still above me just for few more years though and I had a limit of chicks scence I already have 20 chickens. And the roosters will be sold.

I am only in my teens and my parents are still above me just for few more years though and I had a limit of chicks scence I already have 20 chickens. And the roosters will be sold.

I feel your pain bro. :) I'm oooold and I still have more bosses than I can shake a stick at! hahahaha

Ha! Shure you not that oooooold!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom