What breed? White Cornish? Asils? Rocks?

kikster

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jul 7, 2009
I just got these ladies this weekend from birdlover, and she wasn't sure what they were. Originally she thought they were rocks, but as they grew into their adult bodies, she thought that maybe they could be Asils (or Aseel ?) , and when we picked them up from her yesterday, she mentioned that a friend thought they were Cornish? Could anyone help us out here?

These are all the pics we've been able to get so far:

Here she's the one laying down
IMG_3208_edited-1.jpg

IMG_3209_edited-1.jpg

232323232%7Ffp53689%3Enu%3D4738%3E898%3E256%3EWSNRCG%3D3284995477347nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp53692%3Enu%3D4738%3E898%3E256%3EWSNRCG%3D32849%3A6%3B%3A7347nu0mrj

Quote:
Yes, this is why I asked, because I looked at that page a few days ago, and thought the same thing. These don't seem to stand as upright as Asil's do. See how, in the last couple of pics, they kinda balance their weight a bit more all over (horizontally) unlike most game breeds.

Sooo, cornish, hmmm.... we weren't really looking for meaty breeds (which is why we offered originally, when she thought they were rocks), but, oh well. They needed a good home, so we'll see how it goes, I guess.

They look like white cornish to me, but that's not the same thing as a cornish X (which is also white). The cornish X is only a meat chicken, while the white cornish hens can be kept for eggs if you like [/b]- they will not get too heavy for their legs like the meaty cornish crosses.

Oooh, yay! I'm glad you made that specification for me, I assumed they were the same, which scared me cuz I would like some eggs, w/o worrying about them eventually getting too big for their britches (literally). They were from a bantam assortment from Mcmurrays, so I should have also mentioned that they are bantam. Don't know if that makes a difference.

I'm glad to hear that they will produce some eggs for us.

Quote:
I have an almost 8 month old Cornish Rock who has been giving me eggs for a couple of months now. She has been on a restricted diet since she was 3 weeks old and she is quite sturdy on her legs. Even runs once in a while!
lol.png

Kikster, those are pretty birds... the white one doesn't look as chunky as my girl, so hopefully she isn't a Cornish X.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pure Cornish are very nice to have. She'll make a nice hen for you.

And I don't think she is a Rock. The back and tail are wrong. I still say Cornish.

Back
Top Bottom