What breeds and sex are these

Jewellan

Songster
5 Years
Mar 3, 2014
Reno Nevada
I don't know what breed these two dark ones are. I suspect they are Silver Pencil Rock Cockerels but I am not sure at all. I have never owned this breed before. They are 8 Weeks old.

20170912_135036 (2).jpg 20170912_135158 (2).jpg 20170912_135743 (2).jpg

These are just as much of a mystery to me. Are they female Silver Penciled Rocks or are they Heritage Barred Rocks? What are they? They did not look like barred rocks as day old chicks.

20170905_090318.jpg 20170905_090253.jpg 20170905_090251.jpg 20170905_090320.jpg

Woah, those first ones could be dark Brahma? I thought I saw a pullet in those. I saw a cockeral in the light ones, barring gene of some kind in there for sure. I think Brahmas have feathered legs though, hmm

I should have included this list with my first post. I thought I had but apparently I didn't. This is supposed to be a list of breeds that they could possibly be. No mixed breeds in this list. I guess the olive eggers could be the mixed breed. but I have never seen an olive egger that is Barred. I am assuming that they do exist thought. I live in a City and have to rehome all my Roosters. So these 4 will probably go away soon ..... Sad Face

20170726_122319.png

They're either olive eggers or a poor strain or production strain of Barred Rocks, then. The fact that the hatchery felt the need to call the Barred Rocks 'Heritage' but not the other Rock varieties or the Wyandottes, which are also heritage breeds, makes me suspicious that they're selling something other than purebred Barreds as that breed.

Agree with Junebuggena completely. All cockerels, hope that's what you wanted.

I got them for a broody. I originally ordered hatching eggs but they got lost in the mail and rather than make my broody wait even longer for the eggs I opted to give her chicks. these were straight run, so the luck of the draw I guess. But I don't believe that the ones that shipped the eggs were happy to then have to send me chicks so they gave me roos. Not a problem I can rehome them and I did solve the broody issue. My Jubilee Orpington took to them instantly and loves them still 8 weeks later. She is a great Mama

Back
Top Bottom