What breeds are my peachicks?

So if it is a split white, what would happen if I bred it with an India blue? Im not very happy, I made sure I got purebred India blues so I hatch and sell my own purebred peachicks. Ugh
They are going to be beautiful India Blues no matter what pattern they are split to. There are no 'pure' India Blues in the USA, they have been here for so long that almost all of them have some Green blood in them and all of the mutations in colors and patterns are derived from Blues. There is no way except by test breeding them to know what they are split to in either color or pattern.

I too wanted to have 'pure' IB's when I first started raising peafowl, I did not want any of my birds to have that ugly white on them. My how I have changed to find the beauty in all of the different colors and patterns. Of course, I have my favorites and some I don't care to have but they are all beautiful in their own way.

I even like these ugly Spauldings now.
IMG_4044.JPG
IMG_4074.JPG

They are going to be beautiful India Blues no matter what pattern they are split to. There are no 'pure' India Blues in the USA, they have been here for so long that almost all of them have some Green blood in them and all of the mutations in colors and patterns are derived from Blues. There is no way except by test breeding them to know what they are split to in either color or pattern.

I too wanted to have 'pure' IB's when I first started raising peafowl, I did not want any of my birds to have that ugly white on them. My how I have changed to find the beauty in all of the different colors and patterns. Of course, I have my favorites and some I don't care to have but they are all beautiful in their own way.

I even like these ugly Spauldings now.View attachment 2792383View attachment 2792384
Your birds are very pretty, thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom