What do I have?

CincyMan

Chirping
12 Years
Jul 23, 2011
Rolla, Missouri
So I bought three eggs last year on eBay (only one hatched). On the description they said they had pied eggs for sale. My peachick had zero white anywhere on him when he hatched. He is now one year old and still has zero white and looks like a IB. After he hatched last year I emailed the person I bought the eggs from and they confirm that they only had pied with one being a male and two females. I am attaching a picture of the father that they had posted at the time I bought the eggs. Im assuming my peacock is an IB and not a dark pied because everything I read says a dark pied will have white throat latches and or white flights. Being mine has no white at all I’m assuming he is IB and not a dark pied. If the picture of the father is in fact a IB split to white and not a pied I guess mine could and probably is an IB not a dark pied being he has no white. So is the father in the picture IB split white and if this is the case my peacock would be IB is this correct?

I forgot to attached the picture of the father.

Attachments

• 463A869F-2289-470F-98AC-E419D1506225.png
    463A869F-2289-470F-98AC-E419D1506225.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 15
Dark Pied does not have to have any white on them at all, I have a couple of breeder cocks that do not. When breeding Pied to Pied you will get approx 25% White, 50% Pied, and 25% Dark Pied. The picture you posted is a Pied cock.

Back
Top Bottom