What cities in Colorado are ducks allowed?

Nov 3, 2021
Hey everyone!
I'm trying to find a house to buy in Colorado, but keep running into the issue of ducks being prohibited (allows chickens though). I currently live in Westminster (NW Colorado), and need to stay within 45 min of here. I'm having a hard time finding out which cities allow my 2 Cayuga girls. They make the codes ridiculous to read for the most part, so I was hoping anyone on here lives in a NW CO city that is sure they allow ducks. Thanks so much!

Attachments

• 20220109_111030.jpg
    20220109_111030.jpg
    780.3 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20211231_145749_983.jpg
    IMG_20211231_145749_983.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 12
I think often if they allow chickens they allow ducks. The ordinance will be written about small fowl and should state what that includes. I would check with the city itself before committing to anything. Also ask about regulations for an accessory structure. There may be size restrictions or required set backs from your home and neighbors property lines for your coop. It could be a pain to move it, so put it in a good spot the first time! Also if your neighborhood has an HOA there could be stricter rules regarding owning ducks and/or your coop build

I know this thread is from last year, but in case anybody else had the same question, I wanted to add that ducks are allowed in Englewood, as are chickens, turkeys, geese, pheasants, pigeons, doves, and any other non-exotic domesticated fowl.

It's not a given that if chickens are allowed, so too are ducks. Commerce City just voted on ordinances for some common backyard animals. Chickens are allowed; ducks and geese are not.

Back
Top Bottom