What color are YOUR Easter Egger's eggs?

Your EE is so cute! They sure look alike and her eggs are so pretty. :love

This is off topic, but I noticed today that she had trouble laying her egg. It was half way out and it took about fifteen minutes for the egg to come out. I have oyster shell in a separate for them and I see them eating it here and there. Fresh water daily, their layer feed from Scratch and Feed, and a bit less than 10% treats made up of vegetables, mealworms, or black soldier flies larvae. I'm new to this and her eggshell doesn't seem thin at all. She's about 27 weeks. I checked her vent and it looks fine no prolapse.
I think that can be normal for new layers. Mine would sometimes take a while at first but she started laying at 16 weeks so I thought it was her age also.

Got my first EE egg today. It’s a green blue kinda turquoise.

Attachments

• B0F5A5A8-A733-42B1-97FB-4457C0FE01B1.jpeg
    B0F5A5A8-A733-42B1-97FB-4457C0FE01B1.jpeg
    458.3 KB · Views: 3
Sorry I know this is an old thread....but I'm really excited as I just got 2 EE eggs yesterday for the very first time... and I've got an Araucana cross roo to thank for.. he was apparently an "long/extended" out-cross offspring .. ie. the breeder said she got Araucanas 20 years ago and she didn't even say think he was gonna yield blue eggs... so I wasn't expecting these colours...

image1.JPG

Sorry I know this is an old thread....but I'm really excited as I just got 2 EE eggs yesterday for the very first time... and I've got an Araucana cross roo to thank for.. he was apparently an "long/extended" out-cross offspring .. ie. the breeder said she got Araucanas 20 years ago and she didn't even say think he was gonna yield blue eggs... so I wasn't expecting these colours...

View attachment 3025133
Beautiful eggs! Lucky you on the roo! ❤️Thanks for reviving this thread, had a blast looking at all the colors!

I have a few EE & OE laying so I’ll take some egg pics later.
oooooo nice!

This May/June I’m hatching 3 EE & 3 OE from Meyer and am super excited to see what comes out! I think EE are my favorite “breed” because they are so unique and different & full of surprises! ❤️
Yeah totally agree! We needed to get a roo and a local breeder just happened to be selling potential blue egg gene chickens so we thought we'll just give that a shot and see if we're lucky...the rest is history...

Speaking of surprises.. check out what I got today! These eggs are from the same layers of the previous pic I posted:

image2.JPG

Can Blue layers switch to laying olive eggs??? :lol::idunno

I know brown layers can sometimes lay white eggs especially after an extended period of laying when they run out of "pigment"... but blue to green?

@ChookieG are your Bantams EE as well? Can’t wait to see their eggs!

Yeah they're babies of the same roo... so I'm guessing some would at least produce coloured eggs.... I'll keep you posted!

oooooo nice!

Yeah totally agree! We needed to get a roo and a local breeder just happened to be selling potential blue egg gene chickens so we thought we'll just give that a shot and see if we're lucky...the rest is history...

Speaking of surprises.. check out what I got today! These eggs are from the same layers of the previous pic I posted:

View attachment 3026141

Can Blue layers switch to laying olive eggs??? :lol::idunno

I know brown layers can sometimes lay white eggs especially after an extended period of laying when they run out of "pigment"... but blue to green?

Yeah they're babies of the same roo... so I'm guessing some would at least produce coloured eggs.... I'll keep you posted!
I think if she laid blue and the brown wasn’t in yet, she could add a little more brown bloom after a couple of times at the beginning, but I’m not 100% sure! So maybe leaning more toward the greener hue? Let’s see what tomorrow brings!

I think if she laid blue and the brown wasn’t in yet, she could add a little more brown bloom after a couple of times at the beginning, but I’m not 100% sure! So maybe leaning more toward the greener hue? Let’s see what tomorrow brings!
yeah exactly! That's so fun! seeing the colour change... it is her 2nd egg only so ... we'll see! :D

Back
Top Bottom