What color is my D'Uccle cockerel?

BaileyMChicks

Songster
May 8, 2015
Wisconsin
Hi. I hatched out 2 D'Uccle chicks about 2-3 months ago(sorry I can't exactly remember when they hatched. I've had a pretty busy few months recently haha). It's a bit of a long story as to why I hatched them out so late in the year for where I live(because of how cold it gets here in the winter), but here is the gist. I got a local breeder's entire breeding stock of D'Uccles(12 adults and one older chick one of the hens hatched out without them knowing), but before I went to pick them up, they had moved them out into a different area. They hadn't collected eggs for about a week, and when I went to pick them up, one of the hens was sitting on 4 eggs, 2 of which had already started to develop. So I bought them and brought them ALL home, including the little embryos. I put them in my incubator right away, because I knew the hen would break from being broody(which she did). Then they hatched out about 2 weeks later(one was already at around day 6 of incubation, and the other around day 4). Anyways, when they hatched I had no clue what color the one was. He hatched pure white. The other was a mille fleur.

This is the list of colors for the possible fathers-Blue mottled, black mottled, blue mille fleur.
This is the list of colors for the possible mothers- blue mottled, porcelain, mille fleur, splash.

I really want to know what color Val would be considered.

I will post some pictures in a minute. They are on my phone and I am writing this on my computer.

I have some pictures. I don't know what color he would be considered. At first I was thinking just white, but then he got in some buff. And so I started thinking maybe golden neck or something. But then I noticed he was getting some blue/black in too. So then I thought maybe porcelain, but I really don't think he is. the pattern and colors are not correct. So now I am completely stumped. I'll shut up now. Here's the pictures.

Sorry there are so many pictures. I just wanted to make sure there were enough and you could adequately see what he looks like.

*heres a few bonus pictures of his brother, Glory, being super interested in my phone's camera haha

I had been trying to get good pictures of him just to have, and all he did was act like a goofball and run up to look at my phone camera lol

I also wanted to add that Val was the same chick I was worried about when they were hatching. I have another thread about it. But I will add some of the pictures from that here too.

I had been worried about his feet, but everything is fine now. He never even needed anything done with them(i.e like shoes or splints or whatever). They just corrected themselves in about 2 days. And I know these aren't very good pictures, but you can kind of see that he was like a white color when he hatched. I'll try to see if I have any better pictures from when he was really little, but I don't think I do.

I just checked on my phone, and sadly I do not have any better pictures from when he was little and dried off. But he was like white with 2 cream stripes down the sides of his back(not exactly the sides, but not straight in the middle of his back either..it's confusing haha. Picture like the chipmunk pattern on, say, a welsummer chick, but with white and cream instead of the browns/reds and blacks. And it was just stripes on his back. Nothing on his head or neck).

I remember the post from when he was first hatched, with those crooked feet. I have no idea what his color is called, but he's very cute!

Back
Top Bottom