What color is this kitty cat?

I set up the trap 3.5 days ago. It's right by the back door and the car I found him under. I still don't think he is out there. I guess I could try hiding it in stuff to make it look less obvious.
hiding it under things isn't going to help. and the more you look for him, the less likely that you are to even see him, let alone catch him.

put the trap out in a place where it won't get rained on, put some dry food and a dish of water inside and leave it alone. check it once or twice a day, from a distance to see if you have caught him

please don't just buy a bunch of chicken breasts. 1 a raw diet MUST contain bones to be properly balanced. with cats, using a grinder would probably be the best option. you need at least 4 different protein sources for a raw diet. chicken, turkey, beef, lamb are some easily available meat but the more variety the better.

it's better to just go with a quality kibble than to feed an improperly balanced diet.
I was not suggesting literally feeding the cat nothing but chicken breasts. That's why I suggested buying raw food from a company and provided links from valid sources on how to feed a raw diet. I apologize for the miscommunication.

cats have an attitude as well. and will not always want to be hanging out with you, especially with petting and such. they tend to want to NOT hang out with people who want to hang out with them. People who ignore them or don't like cats tend to be cat magnets.

Carmella does those bad things because what she's actually been taught is that sometimes she can get away with them. So, no, she's not doing things that she knows are bad.
I agree. If a dog is truly taught something, they will follow through. If a dog knows that they can get away with pooping in the floor, they do it!

Cats have their own set of problems. Males in particular tend to spray musky urine to mark their territory. Sometimes it will stop with neutering, sometimes not. It is a horrid smell that will not come out easily! Some cats are very friendly whereas others hate and actively avoid any and all social interaction. Forcing cats to interact is generally how people get scratched and bitten. Some cats will use a litter box, and some prefer potted plants and laundry baskets. Cat's are great, but they generally don't love us as much as we love them!

I was not suggesting literally feeding the cat nothing but chicken breasts. That's why I suggested buying raw food from a company and provided links from valid sources on how to feed a raw diet. I apologize for the miscommunication.
no problem. you would not believe the number of people I talk with that think a raw diet for a dog = buying a pound of hamburger or a couple chicken breasts.
one guy on a GSD group I am on has been feeding his dog nothing but hamburger and cooked rice for 8 months!

Some cats have an attitude, not all... I have had cats that would never stop asking for attention, but were okay with being left alone. If they wanted to be left alone, it was if they were scared, in any pain, sun basking or napping ^.^ Either way if they didn't want cuddles I love to watch them they're too cute!!! I know that cats need 80% meat, 10% meaty bone, 5% liver and 5% other organ. I will look up a balanced raw diet for dogs and ferrets (if it's any different??)

Oh I forgot, I actually planned on a mostly dry diet, with some raw meat or eggs here and there - maybe as treats or mid-day meals. Do Chis eat the same raw diet as other dogs? Maybe I'm doing research specifically for Chis when I might be able to just do it for dogs in general?

Oh I forgot, I actually planned on a mostly dry diet, with some raw meat or eggs here and there - maybe as treats or mid-day meals. Do Chis eat the same raw diet as other dogs? Maybe I'm doing research specifically for Chis when I might be able to just do it for dogs in general?
Chihuahuas would have the same diet as any small dog. Smaller pieces, maybe some extra dental care measures since small dogs tend to have problems with their teeth. If you see anything that caters to specific breeds, don't fall for it. Reading the ingredients and guaranteed analysis, and they're basically all the same. Searching "small dog raw diet" will get you adequate results. I would, however, talk to your vet and see if she's in good health. There are some risks with raw meat, so it's worth discussing.

My chi loves whole pea pods (sugar pod peas) and carrots, for some healthy snacks. Carrots are also great for teeth!

People on other forums have experience with chis and raw foods. They mostly mention cornish hens, eggs, and meaty bones because bones help dental wise and chis don't need to eat much. I decided I should feed Mella about 3 oz of raw a day, whether it's wings, small animals, or eggs. I will include snacks like cheese and veggies, but only in small amounts. She is SUPER active and a big chi, so I boosted up the amounts just a bit. Since organs are such a small portion of their diet, I'll just give her a crumb of it for every meal lol (0.3 of an ounce?!?)
Just found out that the natural diet is in the same percentages as cats... obviously!!! They eat whole prey and that's what the prey is composed of, just like what cats eat! Why didn't I think of that...

Last edited:
Do you mean four types of meat like rabbit, beef, chicken and such? Or literally different, like eggs, meat, meaty bones, dairy products, etc.)?

Back
Top Bottom