What color is this kitty cat?

I told my neighbors about having the cat. They probably would have asked me (if they found him) if it was him. They're not allowed to keep cats. And my other neighbor has two pit bulls, so I don't think he would have a tiny kitten... I highly doubt he is still a stray by now; he's either in a new home, at some shelter, or... kitty heaven T_T

And yeah I believe the collar was a break-away. But what would it take for a kitten to lose his collar?

And yeah I believe the collar was a break-away. But what would it take for a kitten to lose his collar?
It would take him trying to get out of it or getting caught on a twig. Cat collars are break-away because they will often try to get them off by putting their front legs through the collar. So when they try to put their paw through it, it just breaks off, rather than getting the cat's leg stuck and possible choking or breaking the leg. For this reason, it is not at all difficult to release them.

I just want him home I have nothing better to so and nobody to hang out with that won't judge. I find it very strange that not a single animal has been caught in the cage, it has tuna in it and the tuna is still there...

I just want him home I have nothing better to so and nobody to hang out with that won't judge. I find it very strange that not a single animal has been caught in the cage, it has tuna in it and the tuna is still there...
Don't you have a dog? Dogs are great companions that don't judge. In fact, they are arguably better human companions than cats because dogs are social animals whereas cats are generally solitary.

Animals aren't there because we "have nothing better to do," they are our pets, friends, or in the case of livestock, our food. They should always be respected.

An animal won't easily go in a trap if it's obviously a trap. I generally cover the sides of the trap with tall grass and twigs, so it simply looks like a path in brush.

how long has the cage been out? animals, especially cats, tend to be very cage-shy. it can take a month of the cage being out before they will venture in.
cats, even small kittens, are pretty good at fending for themselves and not as likely to be tempted by food

I meant I don't have anything to do so I hang out with the cat, not in a disrespectful way. Carmella makes good company, she's just very spoiled and has an attitude with everyone once in awhile, and does bad things(when she was taught a long time ago not to do it). May sound like she's a little human but that's what she thinks she is, and my mom lets her get away with a lot. Cats on the other hand don't do bad stuff besides scratching - people, furniture, etc.) - when in my care. And even that can be easily solved. I'm just really a cat person or gentle giant dog person, no matter how much I love Mella. But I would keep her no matter what (unless of course it's very severe, whatever "it" may be)

I set up the trap 3.5 days ago. It's right by the back door and the car I found him under. I still don't think he is out there. I guess I could try hiding it in stuff to make it look less obvious.

I have not yet fed an exclusive raw diet (I have 3 cats, I can't afford that), but I have researched it for my dog. You can either buy raw cat food, or you can buy a bunch of chicken breasts.
please don't just buy a bunch of chicken breasts. 1 a raw diet MUST contain bones to be properly balanced. with cats, using a grinder would probably be the best option. you need at least 4 different protein sources for a raw diet. chicken, turkey, beef, lamb are some easily available meat but the more variety the better.

it's better to just go with a quality kibble than to feed an improperly balanced diet.

I meant I don't have anything to do so I hang out with the cat, not in a disrespectful way. Carmella makes good company, she's just very spoiled and has an attitude with everyone once in awhile, and does bad things(when she was taught a long time ago not to do it). May sound like she's a little human but that's what she thinks she is, and my mom lets her get away with a lot. Cats on the other hand don't do bad stuff besides scratching - people, furniture, etc.) - when in my care. And even that can be easily solved. I'm just really a cat person or gentle giant dog person, no matter how much I love Mella. But I would keep her no matter what (unless of course it's very severe, whatever "it" may be)
cats have an attitude as well. and will not always want to be hanging out with you, especially with petting and such. they tend to want to NOT hang out with people who want to hang out with them. People who ignore them or don't like cats tend to be cat magnets.

Carmella does those bad things because what she's actually been taught is that sometimes she can get away with them. So, no, she's not doing things that she knows are bad.

Back
Top Bottom