What colour are my ducks? and 2nd question.

Loopeend

Crowing
Jun 12, 2018
I'm really confused on how to call colours in US and UK. I only know the Dutch, German and Belgian names; and I want to make a clear schedule now what the right US and UK name is.. I keep using them scrambled up, ánd I'm on certain colours not clear if I even use the right names for the right colours..

Would someone give me the corect colour name fot the following duck colours in US English. And if you know the UK English term; that is welcome too, but please write clearly that it is the UK term.

man1.jpg

man2.jpg

man3.jpg

man4.jpg

man5.jpg

These are two drakes; and in some pictures they have their feathers around their neck/head out.
Which is handy to know for the next question;

I can't decide which to keep for the best breed-standard results.. The dark one has a better slender breast, the light one a better beak/bill and eye-setting, and they both have some white/brown unwanted feathers...can you guys help me choose?

Thank you very much :)

I just came here to look at the pics of your ducks. I won't be much help in the color question as I am (partially) color blind. Nice ducks, though. Thanks.

Haha! My partner too. He vieuws blue's as grey. Which is funny..because that's exactly the colours we breed heehee. So he is not much help :p He likes the dark one more because he can see that the head is darker then the rest, the lighter duck is just one colour for him. And he calls that colour white. He also thinks the sky is grey and clouds are blue.. :p

Noone?
I think the light one in UK english is lavender? Is that correct? And if not; what is it, and what is it called in US? (splash?)
And the dark one in UK and USA cumberland blue (or is cumberland blue a different type of blue? Are there more blue's then cumberland blue or is it just a fancy word for 'blue'?)

Back
Top Bottom