What could i reasonably sell these for?

Lucky1

Chirping
7 Years
Jan 28, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I have a mated mature pair of pilgrim geese i want to sell but i don't know how much to ask for them! What would you guys consider fair for both me and the buyer?

Prices in Canada? I haven't a clue. I don't even know what the money is worth this week.

You could always go onto Craigslist and see what other people are asking for geese. Also, cruise through the auction section here on BYC to look at prices.

I've heard rumors that poultry sells a lot higher in Canada than it does in the USA.

They're pretty but 220 is a bit steep for that pair. It may just be the picture but there markings don't appear to be to the standard for the breed. However, things may be different in Canada. I would price for that pair between 50 and 100.

Last edited:
I am picking up a trio of American Buffs next weekend. The seller says they are show birds and priced them at $50 each.

Are these show quality for Pilgrims? Around here, Pilgrims bring about $30 for adults. Your mileage may vary.

Are these the ones that you found in your yard? Honestly I would offer them up for just a re-homing fee since they just happened to show up in your yard. You don't know what kind of care they have received (feed eaten, medical care given, how old they are, pedigree or really anything about them) or anything. A re-homing fee would deter people who aren't serious about adopting them and hopefully help ensure a good home. Good luck!

Are these the ones that you found in your yard? Honestly I would offer them up for just a re-homing fee since they just happened to show up in your yard. You don't know what kind of care they have received (feed eaten, medical care given, how old they are, pedigree or really anything about them) or anything. A re-homing fee would deter people who aren't serious about adopting them and hopefully help ensure a good home. Good luck!

I agree. If you don't know their history, they won't go for much. I have pilgrims and they don't look like yours from looking the picture, but it could be the lighting. Maybe they're mixed? You should post another picture.

Last edited:
offering them for free pretty much is a guarantee that they will be eaten. A reasonable/fair fee will probably eliminate this. Frozen goose here is around $55. I'd price them each right around that if you want to ensure they won't be eaten.

But I don't have a clue what prices are in Canada

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom