What did you build or make today?

Everything posted looks awesome! Yall have no idea how much I appreciate people doing things with their hands and not their phones!

Not who you asked - but this is what I do:
When I make banana chips, I mix water and lime juice to dip the sliced banana chips in. Then lay them out on my dehydrator trays and dry for 12 hours to make them nice and crispy. I use slightly green bananas for easier slicing and a better end product.

Thank you for your info. Can I ask how much water to what ratio of lime juice? I am really anxious to try this, just, I'm not sure about the ratios and I don't want to mess up another batch. You say you dip the banana into the water/lime mix. Do you put them in a large strainer spoon to dip a pile of slices or when you say you "dip the bananas", how do you mean? Sorry, to have to ask....I don't want to do it wrong. Thanks so much for your help! I really do appreciate you.

I use about one tablespoon lime juice per cup of water. I just drop the banana slices into the bowl of water as I slice. After I get the bowl full, I will pour it all through a colander, saving the lime water for the next batch. Let them drain until the strainer stops dripping or you are ready to work with them, shaking gently to shift the slices around a little. Then just set out the slices on your tray and put in the dehydrator.
The slightly green bananas are solid enough to take the handling, and they sweeten up quite a bit. Ripe bananas tend to get mushy, they will dehydrate OK, but they don't seem to get as "crispy". Not crispy like potato chips, but slightly crunchy. I have to be careful and only take one serving in a bowl or else I will eat all of them in one sitting. I find them addictive.
Don't stress about being too precise, they are fairly forgiving. Just try to keep the slices under 1/4 inch thick so they can dry well. I make my slices about 1/8 inch thick.

Today is day 2 over my Queen Anne patchwork adventure

Aaahhhh! Thanks and I so appreciate your helping me! I had no idea where to begin to do this right. I will try these again, soon!
We are sooooo bizzy, as of late. We have 23 chicks that are starting to hatch, as I speak. Four that should be hatched by morning, more hatching out Thurs and Fri, and the rest will hatch somewhere up to the 1st week of May!!!! Excitement is a happening here!!! (Oh, I have 2 turkey eggs due to hatch May 10 and 11!!!) We've never had turkeys. You can imagine our excitement. Anyway, we are in the midst of many, many building and set up projects....between these incubators and building bunny pens, adding a sunroom onto our current chicken house, building a turkey pen, fixing my greenhouse to house my bunnies ......lots to do!) So, once we get to a close finish, we will try the banana chips! Again, I thank you for your help!
Rhonda (Oh, forgot to mention....we have 2 prs. of parakeets.....one pr., Blue and Imy, just hatched out 7 fids, of which, the eldest fid just came out of the nest box this a.m......the other pair, Wally and Polly, are sitting on 7 of their eggs, presently!!!!) So, much going on at our house, I can hardly stand going into my job, I wanna be a full time farmer!! Ok, enough, talking your ears off. Later everybody!

We had 2 carports in a back corner of our property we dismantled one and moved it up by the horse barn after work today they're gonna sit end to end for a mostly free 18x40 bird barn:) we have 2 weeks to get it done turkey will be hatching

Back
Top Bottom