What did you do in the garden today?

Dark, dark, dark and foggy and wet out.
5th day in a row of dark and dreary.

All I want to do it sleep, eat, bake, sleep, and nod off.
Spending days caring for animals and not about the garden which has stalled due to the chill.

Back to sunny and 80s starting tomorrow, so I'll cut the last round of hay this season and lay it out the dry.

As soon as the vegetation dries out, I'll start clearing the volunteer tomato patch, and seeing if the main garden needs culled too. We have a small hillside that cannot be mowed and I'm going to dump all the tomato plants there and then toss on alpaca manure. It can go all volunteer there next spring and I can harvest those as well as the normal garden.

Alpaca manicure day. It's easier, albeit messy, when they've had a few days on wet ground.
I have a typewriter to clean today and some things to get on etsy. Other than that....eh.

I feel horrible for those of you stuck in smoke.

Catching up and your gardens sound amazing. @penny1960 my 💜 goes out to you and everyone going through the fires. Finally sitting down to enjoy a late morning second cup of coffee. Planted my seedling this morning while letting the new 2 week old chicks run around in the garden. Sorry was too busy to get chick pics. Really proud of how good my spring garden did this year for the first time. I've never seen jalapeños get this tall. I've decided to do raised beds for the rest of my winter garden. Pic of future site for that and my views with my coffee.

Attachments

• 20200912_105717.jpg
    20200912_105717.jpg
    724.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20200912_105629.jpg
    20200912_105629.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 7
  • 20200912_110811.jpg
    20200912_110811.jpg
    891.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 20200912_110838.jpg
    20200912_110838.jpg
    753.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 20200912_110843.jpg
    20200912_110843.jpg
    561.7 KB · Views: 6
Good morning gardeners. Those fires are just terrible, I hope those of you in the smoke are ok. We’ve had several days of red sun and it is still very hazy here. Stay well.

I was up before the sun working on the wood chips. I got almost the rest of the yard covered now and have a few areas to add a bit here and there, then the rest is going on the compost pile. There’s ash in it and it’s either smokey, dusty or most likely both. I’m hoping that bodes well for some good decomp this winter.

This is my mask so far, no wonder I couldn’t breathe for a week!
C1EF184C-254D-4F55-A592-173AAA2A45CC.jpeg

The 2 Nn girls were enjoying an early morning forage in the yard today
B47A25A0-A4D4-4E09-A1C8-1E24B5177488.jpeg

Break is over, I needed to sit for a bit and put something in my stomach to shut it up, back to the grind. That pile will be done today! Enjoy.

Good morning gardeners. Those fires are just terrible, I hope those of you in the smoke are ok. We’ve had several days of red sun and it is still very hazy here. Stay well.

I was up before the sun working on the wood chips. I got almost the rest of the yard covered now and have a few areas to add a bit here and there, then the rest is going on the compost pile. There’s ash in it and it’s either smokey, dusty or most likely both. I’m hoping that bodes well for some good decomp this winter.

This is my mask so far, no wonder I couldn’t breathe for a week!
View attachment 2330367
The 2 Nn girls were enjoying an early morning forage in the yard today
View attachment 2330376
Break is over, I needed to sit for a bit and put something in my stomach to shut it up, back to the grind. That pile will be done today! Enjoy.
Hope that mask did the job for you & you don't have anymore issues! Your yard is looking fantastic!

Morning all staying inside p100 and np5 masks here wanted them as I had pneumonia last year was really hard on me.. Now here is the smoke to get me again .. Will go to the garden see what I can harvest have a roma full of fruit but has not ripened :confused:
Try to stay inside as much as you can...stay safe Penny!

Catching up and your gardens sound amazing. @penny1960 my 💜 goes out to you and everyone going through the fires. Finally sitting down to enjoy a late morning second cup of coffee. Planted my seedling this morning while letting the new 2 week old chicks run around in the garden. Sorry was too busy to get chick pics. Really proud of how good my spring garden did this year for the first time. I've never seen jalapeños get this tall. I've decided to do raised beds for the rest of my winter garden. Pic of future site for that and my views with my coffee.
Lovely views!

Sun is out for the first time in 5 days.
THe chickens are out for the first time in 5 days.

My typewriter has been cleaned.
Lunch has been had.

Going to digest for a bit before tackling the alpacas toes.
I'll walk the garden.

Dreading outside work. The weather is perfect, the air is clear, but the minute pirate bugs are out in force and they bite HARD and it makes me crazy itchy.

Morning all staying inside p100 and np5 masks here wanted them as I had pneumonia last year was really hard on me.. Now here is the smoke to get me again .. Will go to the garden see what I can harvest have a roma full of fruit but has not ripened :confused:
Maybe all that smoke has them confused Penny.

Back
Top Bottom