What did you do in the garden today?

Looks like it to me, bless you for taking the poor things in. You are a good soul.

Thanks but I’d sooner take in an animal than a human most of the time lol.
Pretty sure all three are hens. A little on the warm side right now but appear to fairly healthy. Will give them a good look see when we get home.

They are a mix of Barred Rock and something else, but heavy so they’ve been eating. Feathers look a bit rough but they’re scratching around in the mini coop now. Roost was put back in, there’s food and water and I turned on the fan.
6237406B-A999-4865-9B34-841C90B5526E.jpeg
AA0FC1AF-38D7-4F1A-AA3A-EAB85B7BAD6F.jpeg

I’m waiting for the other shoe to drop. Why were they left on the corner in a box?
It was a pretty awful thing, they could die so easy in a box, in the heat you have, even though it's cooler than it has been! Hopefully everything is good with them & you won't get any surprises!

Maybe a bit of laced breed Darn certain they knew you had birds ?
A friend of a friend found them and posted on fakebook so my friend sent me a text asking if I knew anyone who would take them in. They were only about half an hour away so I went to get them. The girl who found them knows nothing about chickens and lives with her mom with her kids. Young girl, early 20s I’d guess.

Was sitting on the deck watching the chickens line up for the 1 magical nest box & laughing at the old lady who no longers lays but is still in line bitching up a storm anyway.
Do they actually wait in line? Is it by rank? I know one of our lower ranked girls had to wait for the top pullet to get done before she laid her egg in the same nest.
Dreading outside work. The weather is perfect, the air is clear, but the minute pirate bugs are out in force and they bite HARD and it makes me crazy itchy.
Now this place https://www.arbico-organics.com/pro...-insidiosus-predator/pest-solver-guide-aphids sells minute pirate bugs as a pest killer. Are they a pest too?

Back
Top Bottom