What did you do in the garden today?

We love the California Poppies too, and I figured the white/cream ones crossed with the orange and the orange was dominant so we never had them reseed themselves either.

I didn't see if anyone had any thoughts on potting squash (both winter and summer) in a big (8 or 10 gallon) pot then let it trail on the ground around the pot. Raised bed space is going to be at a premium this season.
Great idea- I may try that next year

My mother put honey and whiskey on a spoon to give us for sore throat and flu- then slathered us in Vicks- anybody else?
No, the whiskey I had as a kid was stuff I stole in the middle of the night..... 😂

However, last year I did make nature's version of Tamiflu. We have a ton of Gum trees. They have Shikimik acid in their green seed balls. If you chop them up and put them in a strong alcohol, it pulls the acid from the seed and you get nature's version of Tamiflu. I chopped some up and put corked them in a bottle of Rum and blackberries. :)

Today I did a little more war on ivy and cleaned up some tree limbs. Also planted a few plants I got yesterday when I went to Lowes for a new garden hose...I may be addicted...

Tomorrow I want to figure out a trellis and planting spot for my new clematis. The tag said full sun and that it will grow 9 feet tall, but when I looked up the variety name online it's evidently a dwarf variety (4ft tall) that prefers part shade...??? Anyone here have a "Bernadine" clematis and want to let me know their experience? I'm inclined to believe the guy who created the variety over Lowes though 🤣.

Its been wet and rainy last night through now. But, seems to be done for the day. Maybe some sprinkles.

No garden work today - wet/rainy, and have a busy afternoon and evening.

Am supposed to receive my four fruit trees today ! ! ! 2 PLUM (Stanley, and Green Gage), and 2 APRICOT (Orange Red and Goldrich). Wont plant them for a few days, so they will be unpacked and rest in the barn.

Hey anyone see @karenerwin around?
I haven’t been on in a while other than a quick check about 1 x a week. Every week we are in Poplar Bluff for 2 or 3 days working on finishing up that house ( so we can resale it since son decided not to move there). Also had a great aunt pass away at age 93 and we traveled to Springfield, Illinois for her funeral ( 2 weeks ago?) now my (former sister-in-law and still good friend) passed away on the 20th after a very long, hard battle with breast cancer. Her service is tomorrow ( the 30th).
Thanks for checking on me. 🥰

I did find time to go morel hunting on our property after work twice ( a week apart, I think).
The first time I found just under a pound of morels! 15.6 ounces.
BC5218D5-3011-4BAE-915C-3F71FF4F9685.jpeg

516AB038-DC7F-4DF2-A012-6AFE541DAC94.jpeg

Some of them were really big!
5E07E863-E92B-4901-A3F2-9827B6E7E44A.jpeg

The 2nd time I only found 4 of them but they weighed 5.5 ounces.
E293449C-412D-4DAC-AB8A-F14734CF5AF7.jpeg

I don’t know how to cook them ( yet) so 2 different friends received them.

I haven’t been on in a while other than a quick check about 1 x a week. Every week we are in Poplar Bluff for 2 or 3 days working on finishing up that house ( so we can resale it since son decided not to move there). Also had a great aunt pass away at age 93 and we traveled to Springfield, Illinois for her funeral ( 2 weeks ago?) now my (former sister-in-law and still good friend) passed away on the 20th after a very long, hard battle with breast cancer. Her service is tomorrow ( the 30th).
Thanks for checking on me. 🥰
Thanks for checking in!!

sorry for the loss of your friend (ex sis-in-law).

you are certainly busy!! Hopefully the house can get finished and sold.

Back
Top Bottom