What did you do in the garden today?

This the 2 year old plastic tray greenhouse add water pods swell..
Many have hatched, allot of the seeds where 2 to 4 years old also.
001.jpg
003.jpg

Big post. Last photos from Cali.

Tomatoes in April! This one survived the winter in a warm spot.
View attachment 3083326
First time this mango has flowered.
View attachment 3083327
Feijoa just starting to bloom
View attachment 3083328
Steps I made. The yard has lots of steps.
View attachment 3083330
Mandarin (front) and lemon
View attachment 3083331
Papaya with anthracnose. It produced 12 papayas last year but didn't set any flowers, maybe it will fruit every other year.
View attachment 3083332
Blueberries are ripe. Birds have pecked a few
View attachment 3083334
Avocado, almost ripe.
View attachment 3083335
Avocado new growth
View attachment 3083336
Couple cherimoya trees hiding in the iceplant
View attachment 3083337
A soft seeded pomegranate
View attachment 3083339
Loquat. First year it's fruited. Some of the fruit is sunburned but the shaded ones are tasty.
View attachment 3083340
Persimmon, it has flower buds this year.
View attachment 3083341
Cherries! First year for this tree too
View attachment 3083342
Passion flower. This hasn't set fruit yet but it should eventually
View attachment 3083343
Dragon fruit. This one is probably overripe. The one I picked a few weeks ago tasted like lychee. I do have a lychee tree but it hasn't flowered yet.
View attachment 3083344
Early blackberry, almost ripe
View attachment 3083345
Apricot, first year it's fruited
View attachment 3083346
More dragon fruit and nasturtium field
View attachment 3083348
Macadamia
View attachment 3083349
Apple and pride of Madeira
View attachment 3083351
More steps I made. These were heavy!
View attachment 3083352
Had to pick this one. Will make slaw, glad I didn't toss out the mayo yet.
View attachment 3083354
Pineapples, kumquat, veggie beds
View attachment 3083355
Veggies in front and a grape/passion fruit arbor in back. The quail pens were here.
View attachment 3083356
This is an all metal homemade raised bed, no wood. With shade cloth in the summer I can grow lettuce even when it's warm.
View attachment 3083358
This is the main veggie garden with 13 3x3 plots. I did a variant of square foot gardening (mostly for crop rotation purposes) since so much of the garden is in raised beds or terraces.
View attachment 3083359
Very Nice !!!

Not sure about two of the, but being a practicing Catholic, I *do* know what HEK293 is.
Solyent Green is a movie from 1973 that is set in the future, 2022 to be exact.. just “FOOD” for thought.. haha.. everyone should watch it.. SENOMYX is the gubment sponsored corporation that’s making it all happen.. and they are ramping up production once again.. they have plenty of “product”.. just seeing everyone talking about shortages or bare shelves, just wait.. it gets worse, much worse.. get on the bus Gus, get on the train, Jane...

Yeah, they kinda look like jerks and bullies, but they are handsome. The cardinals are the real treat. I wish we had them and fireflies here.

I was enjoying watching our week and a half old chicks trying to dust-bath in the shavings in the brooder. I'll have to fix a sandy place outside for them to start getting used to the outdoors soon.

We put our grow-outs in the outside tractor at around 5 weeks (or when their mom looks like her head will explode if they stay with her any longer) and those little fluffballs start jumping and skipping around in the grass immediately.

At this point, if we didn't already have rabbits and chickens we'd be getting them.

THIS! We currently have too many chicks and hatching eggs but I'm not too worried as any extras are going in the freezer. I still have vague plans to use a low raised bed that's just weeds, into a cornish cross pen.

I too was pleasantly surprised with my last feed run, the prices are crazy high but no higher than they were a couple of weeks ago so yay? :idunno

That is one of my favorite kinds of day, when DP and I spend the day fishing. Good luck to you!

So on our walk this morning, we found a dead easter egger by the side of the road. I know that the lady who lives on the property lets her birds wander around again (she kept them penned when she had mink problems) and since we live in a small town she's risking their deaths by 50 different causes (including cars, dogs, hawks, . But I felt bad and picked it up, put it in one of the bags I carry for dog doots, and placed it on top of her trash can. When I got home I sent her a facebook message and she told me that she knew and was sure it was her neighbor's fault. That she had found it dead in in her greenhouse and she moved it to the roadside to shame her neighbor. For her dead hen...that she lets free range in a town...that she found dead on her own property.
I do miss cardinals. I remember the last time I saw one. It was in a tree outside my bedroom window and I remember thinking it was probably cold because there was still snow on the ground. Many many moons ago!

Back
Top Bottom