What did you do in the garden today?

Same here. No thanks! My brand new stove came with wifi & DH was like heck no, they'll kill it the day after the warranty expires. :gig Would be nice to have the timer on it go off on my watch while I'm outside tho.

Nice cool down here. I really do need to water everything. I will have a big batch of strawberries to pick this weekend. Unfortunate thing is this is my kitchen right now 😂:
View attachment 3132072

I suppose I'll eat tons fresh & then just freeze the rest till I can make some jam to can & some desserts.

2 chippies, 1 squirrel & 10 carpenter bees gone 😈. A stupid squirrel dug up the chives & pathetic tomato starts I planted yesterday. :mad: You know, I'm an animal lover & I hate to off the wildlife - but they're killing me here.

I weeded some today but my allergies awful so I need to hide inside. 🙏 for rain.
My old man cat got 4 chippermunks yesterday. I was Soo proud. 😁
And if you think a wifi stove is bad. My workplace has an Alexa enabled miceowave. Think on that for a minute. Alexa on a microwave. . . .

Been raining most of the day here. 1 1/2" so far.

My new, huge exhaust hood is wifi enabled. I don’t understand the reasoning for that. I’m just thrilled it exhausts to the outside. I waited for a very long time before caving and buying a Smart TV. It still makes me a little concerned. I just make sure I’m fully dressed when I’m watching a show. :lau

Last edited:
I got the purchased peppers and the marigolds planted. I did a lot of string trimming too. There is a lot of grass I can rake up should I want some more thatch to use as mulch.

I found 6 Japanese Beetle grubs. Man, they are UG-LEE! And destructive. And turn into JBs. The chickens like to eat them, so I take a container with me when I'm digging, to collect them for chickie snack.

Everything is in the ground. Now we're to the maintenance phase: keeping stuff alive and watered and fed and happy.

I work in IT, one of the main things I do is antivirus so I have a slight understanding of just how vulnerable we are, but nothing like you. It's scary. DH & I had the discussion the other day that in the event of an EMP the only transportation we would have would be the Corvette & the 2 tractors. Not very practical to get far! :gig
The Corvette would get you far, but you sure couldn’t carry much!

Back
Top Bottom