What did you do in the garden today?

Still too early to do much . Good news ! I have pawpaw seeds sprouting . I have tried in the past with no success . The secret is the seed can never dry out . Bought moist seed off eBay .
celebrate.gif

I start my seedlings on top of my radiators, heating pad, and use warm water on them. The Sage take 10 -14 days to germinate grows like a weed could put a mature plant picture by the seedlings. If you find a mature hummingbird / pineapple sage plant propagate in just plain water in about five days.

Going to be having a heat wave 40-50* next couple days-)

Never dry out? :eek: Sounds like Miracle Berry.

I've tried to order seeds or young plants multiple times, and have never actually received them - either had to charge back for nondelivered goods, or had it refunded with apologies. Some day, though. *sigh*

What did I do in the garden today? Admired my little plot of land, and planned to make it bigger. I'm going to have to move my fence around.

@jerrey... i have started planting and alot of my plants overwintered here in missouri. i have all kinds of spinach and carrots from last year still growing and new spinach sprouted this morning. granted i am in far sw missouri

Nope, looked on line at sandbur, not it. Ran out and got some pics of it. I neglected to put anything down for size comparison, but this one here is about the size of a 50 cent piece. They are small and only grow to about 2 - 3 inches tall, if that. Those burrs dry up nice and hard, can't walk barefoot in the summer around here.
talked to my local visitors center yesterday about the flower you described. There is an abundance of them on the scenic area of river near my home. Was told star thistle. Hope that helps. Tho looking at the picture now not sure if its the same.

Last edited:
Nope not star thistle, I know star thistle, pulled it and sprayed it for years. Amazing what having bees can do to you though, now I leave it alone :D. My search continues! Thanks though

This is a,picture of starthistle

Last edited:
I'm waiting to get past this last frost they say we're supposed to have this weekend. I did all of my soil amendments last weekend and I'll be putting plants in the ground next weekend. I love the garden season!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom