What did you do in the garden today?

86 with howling 55mph winds and dust here.
Was in another town this morning and drove through a dust storm to get home. Yuck.
Picked up another variety of tomato while there and I'll clone it.
Also found some candy onion sets. I almost purchased some garlic heads, but have never had luck with it here, so I left it.
Making bagel boards later and another sunbonnet.
Too windy to work outside.

Was in another town this morning and drove through a dust storm to get home. Yuck.
Also found some candy onion sets. I almost purchased some garlic heads, but have never had luck with it here, so I left it.
What type tomato?..

Wind advisory here too - and wildfires in Flagstaff and Prescott making it kind of hazy all around, but not as bad as yesterday. Just did watering in the greenhouse and keeping an eye on everything just in case I need to tie something down better.

On the agenda--
1) Need to prep everything for potential (but not probable) evacuation now that fire season is here.
2) Need to make 2-3 bucket mouse traps - there is starting to be a problem the cats are not keeping up (not my cats - but they do wander over here to help out- they are too well fed at neighbor houses).

So today and through weekend, we are going to have NICE weather!!
This is us too!!! 70s only for for us but back to 40s by Monday.
Same here and I'm so excited! Going out in a few, letting the ladies out and play in the garden!
I have grown just about every way imaginable over the years.. crowded plants usually do really well until they don’t.. then it’s just a variety of every disease and pest imaginable, and no way to treat or even see the problems until it’s beyond control.. and as with everything, it does depend on the plant/variety etc.. I say try it, everyone should experience different successes and failures, that’s how we learn..
Yes, this is only my third spring here and I've changed it up a bit each spring and learned more each time. I way overplanted tomatoes last year but then again, I ended up with plenty of green tomatoes for salsa and relish so I need some over production.
My 16 yr. old son just passed out on the floor.
OMG I hope he's alright.
Well, my senior cat took one look at my agenda and decided to puke all over it. Literally, bloody puke - along with crying and cringing and acting very unlike herself.
I hope she's alright. We have 2 geriatric kitties ourselves (about 20 yo now) and spend a lot of our time making sure things are a right for them as we can.

Posting this then going outside, it's gorgeous right now. I'm going to try and pen up some of the ladies in a raised bed that is nothing but what looks like johnson grass and see what they can do for me. I need to do some repair on the greenhouse and clean the weeds from the greens beds.

Shiver. 🥶 The winds picked up a bit on me, and it is a workday anyways.

Other than that fertilize the garlic and check the progress of peas, radishes, beets, and arugula.

This weekend I've got a lilac bush to relocate, hellebores, columbine, and whatever that other plant I bought the other day to put in. I also need to clean out and level where my potting bench is going and start some sprout trays for chicken greens.

Jealous of everyone with warmer weather than here in Maine!

I'm not sure I know what a sandwich panel is?

sandwich panel.png

Back
Top Bottom