What did you do in the garden today?

And one in a million cicada in that area have BLUE eyes instead of red. One ice cream place was giving free cones if you brought in a blue eyed one.
I like the giant ones here. They're gorgeous black and gold prairie cicadas. We have a smaller black backed, green belly one too, and they are LOUD.
This is the one we see and hear most in my area of Australia..i'm south of Sydney. We cll this one the Green Grocer.

1711688795625.png

That tree photo is so beautiful! That rattle snake, I would have taken out my revolver and turned it into dinner. Yum! That's a decent size snake!
Thank you! State trust land, no shooting allowed and I wouldn’t shoot it anyway. Unless it was actively hunting me and thy don’t do that. He was just living his life and some human came and provided him some nice shade on a warm day….it’s his home, not mine.

We don't really have the cicadas here that others do. I mean you can hear a few when it's hot in August, but nothing like my friend in North Carolina, she'll call me sitting outside at night & it deafening over the phone! & we won't have the double emergence till 2030 here. CT isn't really into it either I guess, lol.

Still sprinkling out. I need to get chicken food but I can't drive out back to get it to the coop, it's way too wet. I don't know if I will ever be able to drive back there again. :gig

I heard the word snow on the news for next week. Ugh, no thanks!

Went to the podiatrist yesterday. I thought the foot was doing good. DR Debried the wound. Scratched on it and made it bleed. It has been 4 weeks.
High of 67 today. I need to be outside today. I have lost leg muscle strength this month with the foot wound. I need to gain that back.
Did they recommend any exercises?
Hope your bumble foot heals quickly. Sometimes I think Drs make things worse.

We have a guy locally that mixes garden soil. He charges $40 a dump truck scoop. Then, for the last layer, we use a bagel of Kellogg organic raised bed soil.

Our soil is so poor, that even amending with compost did nothing
I have been adding compost, but will look for the Kellogg organic raised bed soil. Thanks for the tip!

Went to the podiatrist yesterday. I thought the foot was doing good. DR Debried the wound. Scratched on it and made it bleed. It has been 4 weeks.
High of 67 today. I need to be outside today. I have lost leg muscle strength this month with the foot wound. I need to gain that back.
Hope that heals up quick! I have PT exercises to do at home, did the doc recommend anything to you?

Back
Top Bottom