What did you do in the garden today?

If you need space saving beds, or raised beds. Ollies has these in finally! North east ohio.
Got my hands on two of them!

Attachments

• Messenger_creation_a609f2e1-e17c-474e-95a3-8ee73baf6135.jpeg
    Messenger_creation_a609f2e1-e17c-474e-95a3-8ee73baf6135.jpeg
    184.6 KB · Views: 8
One of the Orpington chicks will run out to me when I open the cardboard door.
The friendly ones are usually roos at my house.
My spinach seedlings are bolting and I haven’t even got them planted outside yet. 😒
This is what happened to me and I had lights on for 8 hrs
Rant. I have had it with inaccurate weather reports. Our severe weather turned out to be wind and no rain. 90 some percent chance and nothing. They get you concerned over nothing. Yet I can look before working outside and nothing forecast. An hour later rain runs me inside. Really they can not see it a hour ahead.
Today I was watching the weather radar on TV and the rain was 40 miles north going ne. When she was done I looked up and the window had rain. 😂

Rant. I have had it with inaccurate weather reports. Our severe weather turned out to be wind and no rain. 90 some percent chance and nothing. They get you concerned over nothing. Yet I can look before working outside and nothing forecast. An hour later rain runs me inside. Really they can not see it a hour ahead.
Be happy it stayed to your west.
=
Tomatoes are being trained up so I can plant them in their deep solo cups next week.
I can't find the hummingbird feeders and they have to go out this Monday, so internet to the rescue.
Hail clobbered my greenhouse roof. Nothing punched all the way through, but the outside layer is getting rough. I'll look into new panels for next year. Or maybe I'll tear down and build with 2x4 and clear panel barn paneling - or maybe swap it for a pigeon loft.

I hear ya! Sometimes I wonder if they try to create drama 🤔. Every time they give a tornado warning I go into high weather anxiety mode, too. You know the actual times we had tornadoes...there were no warnings! Get with the program weather dudes!!! Please?
The good ones DON'T, but the pressure on the on-air personalities to draw viewers by their higher-ups at the station is INCREDIBLE.
Viewers=$
Sorry you all have dorks watching over you.

No, didn't catch the vole. Or mouse, but it's more likely to be a vole.

I did catch a few of them in the mouse trap in the green house! That surprised me.

How to tell the difference: A vole has a short tail, about an inch long. They're bigger overall too.
Our voles are HUGE, you'd never mistake one for a mouse here.

Do you warm your garden beds with black plastic? We used to do that in Connecticut.
I tried fighting the early, cool/cold weather last spring by using row covers or plastic over my tomatoes, and they still got shocked by the cold and had to be replanted.

This year I'm letting the weather dictate when I should plant things.

Back
Top Bottom