What did you do in the garden today?

I ran out of milk, so I used 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream and made this bread with 3 cups of flour, oil, 1TBS sugar, and forgot to add 1/2tsp salt. The 4 round dough balls I put in the pan joined together and fluffed up. I wonder how it will taste without the salt?

Update, I didn't miss the salt, my 3/8 inch thick ham slice with mayo/mustard sauce and lettuce balanced everything out. I won't put salt when I make this again. This may be the best and softest hamburger bun I ever made in my lifetime.

View attachment 3804099
That's the magic of the milk!

I have my giant winter melon vine running above my head in my garden and I tied up a giant gourd sideways with paracord and the paracord is beginning to embed itself into the gourd. I got a response from the lady in this video, and she said she grows her vine 3 ft off the ground and the gourd bottom rest on the ground. This is how I will grow it next time.

My garlic is probably 6" tall already. It looks great! I've read that it can withstand some frost, which is good. We're forecast to get frost over the weekend.

One of my cherry trees has some flowers starting to open... 😬
My garlic has been in the ground since last October and some of the plants are over a foot tall now. The garlic remained green through a couple of snow storms and several days of temps in the teens. Didn't phase it!

Back
Top Bottom