What did you do in the garden today?

I needed more space under my grow lights so I turned one of my banana boxes into a small cold frame for my collard starts.

I cut the inner box off at 6 inches tall, and cut a continuous strip off of the the upper box section. I covered the holes in the inner box sides with tape to keep out pests.

A section of floating row cover went over the box and the upper section was slipped over that to hold it in place.

Collards like cool weather, so it's staying on the porch full time until the plants go into the garden.

IMG_4021.JPG IMG_4022.JPG IMG_4023.JPG IMG_4024.JPG

Privacy mainly, has to handle heat and humidity, lots of rain and aforementioned shade. The hollies were perfect, but I don't want to wait 20 years, I probably won't be here by then.
I went outside and took pictures of the area I want to clear, remove all the privet.
IMG_20240507_145359827.jpg

I have already worked on the area on the left side.

IMG_20240507_145416505~2.jpg

The hollies were all along the fence on his side, 8' tall or more. :hit

That's his mulberry tree that's on top of my shed. It's not going to be a fun job for HIM.

IMG_20240507_145457187~2.jpg

USDA Zone 8a, annual rainfall is 48". I want some privacy, 6' or more would be nice.

What are your thoughts?

@pennyJo1960 , what in the heck is this stuff growing in the pot? The leaves remind me of thyme, but it seems too short to be that.

View attachment 3823779

I didn't do anything in the garden today other than look at it from afar. I did put my tomato plants outside for a couple of hours to start hardening them off. Guess that counts.
That is a thyme I picked up. It is just a year old but has taken the pot it was small when planted.

Back
Top Bottom