What did you use your eggs for today??

Today I baked whole wheat bread for this week's sandwiches and mixed a batch of a no knead kinda sourdough Boule dough that can be shaped and baked when needed. The dough supposedly keeps in the fridge for about two weeks, but hasn't lasted long enough to be sure.

Unfortunately not one egg was sacrificed in the effort. <sigh>

You are just the person I need to speak with right now! So, today I made a no knead dough myself. I started it a little later than I wanted to. So, I let it bulk ferment for two hours at room temp now it has to go through the final proof in the fridge for another 2 hours. Can I get away with cutting the final proof short? I hope to hear back in the next 5 minutes, lolol...
fl.gif

You are just the person I need to speak with right now! So, today I made a no knead dough myself. I started it a little later than I wanted to. So, I let it bulk ferment for two hours at room temp now it has to go through the final proof in the fridge for another 2 hours. Can I get away with cutting the final proof short? I hope to hear back in the next 5 minutes, lolol...
fl.gif

You can cut the fridge proof, but I imagine the dough would be VERY sticky. Probably a moot point by now.
duc.gif
Blame mother nature, I don't leave the computer on during thunderstorms.

You can cut the fridge proof, but I imagine the dough would be VERY sticky. Probably a moot point by now.
duc.gif
Blame mother nature, I don't leave the computer on during thunderstorms.

ahaha... Everything ended up turning out fine. I ended up doing laundry and forgot about my dough in the fridge. My husband is the one who actually reminded me of it. I roasted garlic in a terra cotta garlic roaster. It was heaven! Thanks for taking the time to get back to me. What are you cooking up next?????

ahaha... Everything ended up turning out fine. I ended up doing laundry and forgot about my dough in the fridge. My husband is the one who actually reminded me of it. I roasted garlic in a terra cotta garlic roaster. It was heaven! Thanks for taking the time to get back to me. What are you cooking up next?????

Not really cooking, but I'm turning a dozen boneless chicken nuggets into pickled eggs w/beets. As far as cooking, tonight it's salmon with a bourbon glaze and rice pilaf.

What's on the menu in the east?

Not really cooking, but I'm turning a dozen boneless chicken nuggets into pickled eggs w/beets. As far as cooking, tonight it's salmon with a bourbon glaze and rice pilaf.

What's on the menu in the east?

Nothing exciting. I put a chicken in my set it and forget it and we've been picking at that all week. Work gets in the way of weekday cooking. lol. I try to do a weeks worth of cooking on Sunday, but it didn't happen this week. Ill keep you posted. Now that the snow has melted we can back on the grill.
yesss.gif
Where are you from again??

Last edited:
Here is an easy one. If you want something more complicated or spicy, let me know I have about 15 others. Some healthy... others, not so much.
droolin.gif

4 slices Bacon
2 flour tortillas - (6" to 8" dia)
1/4 cup Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
2 eggs
2 tablespoon chopped green chilies
Salsa (optional)

1. Cook bacon in large skillet on medium heat until crisp; drain. Place 2 bacon slices on each tortilla; sprinkle with cheese.
2. Beat eggs and chilies; add to hot skillet. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until set.
3. Divide egg mixture between tortillas. If desired, top with Salsa: fold tortillas over filling. I recommend cooking the salsa with the eggs so it's not so runny.

If making ahead and need warmed: Wrap filled burritos in foil; place in warm oven for up to 30 minutes. Or nuke in micro wave for 30 seconds.
Variation: Substitute 4 tablespoons Bacon Bits for cooked bacon strips. Use 2 tablespoons for each tortilla.

Back
Top Bottom