What did you use your eggs for today??

Another great on the go morning idea... whisk 12 eggs, add chopped and sautéed peppers, onions (if you like them, blech!) and garlic and also diced chicken sausage, and 2 cups of shredded cheese. Spray a nonstick muffin pan, pour mix in each cup and bake on 400 for 30 min... until the tops are liquid! These are good cold too!!!

Another great on the go morning idea... whisk 12 eggs, add chopped and sautéed peppers, onions (if you like them, blech!) and garlic and also diced chicken sausage, and 2 cups of shredded cheese. Spray a nonstick muffin pan, pour mix in each cup and bake on 400 for 30 min... until the tops are liquid! These are good cold too!!!
Sounds good... Ummmm one question. If the batter is liquid when you put it in the tin and it's liquid when it's done. How does one tell the difference?
hmm.png

Here is an easy one. If you want something more complicated or spicy, let me know I have about 15 others. Some healthy... others, not so much.   :drool

4 slices Bacon
2 flour tortillas - (6" to 8" dia)
1/4 cup Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
2 eggs
2 tablespoon chopped green chilies
Salsa (optional)

1. Cook bacon in large skillet on medium heat until crisp; drain. Place 2 bacon slices on each tortilla; sprinkle with cheese.
2. Beat eggs and chilies; add to hot skillet. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until set.
3. Divide egg mixture between tortillas. If desired, top with Salsa: fold tortillas over filling. I recommend cooking the salsa with the eggs so it's not so runny.

If making ahead and need warmed: Wrap filled burritos in foil; place in warm oven for up to 30 minutes. Or nuke in micro wave for 30 seconds.
Variation: Substitute 4 tablespoons Bacon Bits for cooked bacon strips. Use 2 tablespoons for each tortilla.

It sounds good, I took screen shot of it so I can try it tomorrow. Thanks woodsdweller:)

A nice spicy "Shakshuka"(sha-kshu-ka)
1.6-8 most ripe,red, sweet Tomatoes you can find.
2. 5-7 cloves of garlic.
3. 1 green hot paper.
4. Olive oil.
5. See Salt and black pepper.
6. 4-6 fresh eggs.
7. The nicest fresh and Crispy bred you can buy.
You dice the tomatoes to little cubes, and crush the garlic with your knife, then in a good heavy pot you put the olive oil and the garlic and let it sizzle, then you put in the tomatoes and the green pepper cut in 3. Let the mass cook on a low flame until it become like marmalade consistency (don forget to steer from time to time) you sprinkle salt and pepper as you like, and then you open the eggs nice and gently into the mass and let it cook with the lid on, for few minutes. The white should be cook but the yolk should be runny and not hard! This Shakshuka with a nice fresh crispy baguette is the nicest breakfast ever! (You can up-grade the Shkshusa by adding slices of fried Eggplant, a nice Merguez sausages,or some nice goat cheese and if you have a teaspoon of "Filfel-Chuma" it will be phenomenal, (but "Filfel-Chuma" is for another post!)

A nice spicy "Shakshuka"(sha-kshu-ka)
1.6-8 most ripe,red, sweet Tomatoes you can find.
2. 5-7 cloves of garlic.
3. 1 green hot paper.
4. Olive oil.
5. See Salt and black pepper.
6. 4-6 fresh eggs.
7. The nicest fresh and Crispy bred you can buy.
You dice the tomatoes to little cubes, and crush the garlic with your knife, then in a good heavy pot you put the olive oil and the garlic and let it sizzle, then you put in the tomatoes and the green pepper cut in 3. Let the mass cook on a low flame until it become like marmalade consistency (don forget to steer from time to time) you sprinkle salt and pepper as you like, and then you open the eggs nice and gently into the mass and let it cook with the lid on, for few minutes. The white should be cook but the yolk should be runny and not hard! This Shakshuka with a nice fresh crispy baguette is the nicest breakfast ever! (You can up-grade the Shkshusa by adding slices of fried Eggplant, a nice Merguez sausages,or some nice goat cheese and if you have a teaspoon of "Filfel-Chuma" it will be phenomenal, (but "Filfel-Chuma" is for another post!)

Sounds terrific! I can't wait to try it. I had a nice little omelet this morning. Eggs, Cavender's Greek Seasoning, a little mozzarella, and some sautéed baby bella mushrooms. Yum-O.

Back
Top Bottom