What do talk think...??? White wash vs. paint for walls.

teasedbeauty

In the Brooder
Jun 16, 2015
NC
I am in the process of building my coop. I have a long way to go, BUT am not sure which to go with the white wash made with Lyme salt and water. Or paint. I know I want vinyl floors . My want something that will be easy to clean, looks great and best for my crew.
1f60b.png
1f423.png

Also while I'm at it where is the most cost affective place to get hardware cloth...??

Thank you in advance for your responses
263a.png

I went with painted walls and a one-piece vinyl floor over plywood. Used a semi-gloss exterior paint that I had left over. Caulked and painted the wall-floor joints. Cleans up nicely and I can hose it out when needed.

Also should I use insulation in the walls. The hubby seems to think so. What do hall do for yours ...???

Mine is insulated, but with plenty of ventilation. It helps with summer heat, along with the shade trees and shrubs on the west and south sides. It moderates the temps in winter too. Mary

I live in NC it has been super hot here lately. I do plan on having several windows and pull down areas at top of walls right under ruff. So heat can rise and get push through that area. Also need to find a fan or something to put in one window to help circulate the air.
Going out today to look for doors and windows for coop. Fingers crossed I find some.

Best place to get hardware cloth price wise...WayFair.com....really! I've shown rabbits for years so have contact vendors for wire and they were cheaper. No taxes and no shipping as long as you buy $100. Comes in 50' rolls. Also its 1/2" and galvanized after weld 19g.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom