What do we have here?

Praying the rest are hens. We have a complete mix. Olive Eggers, Easter egger, Cochin, frizzle Cochin, silkie frizzle, Polish, frizzle polish and the two red sexlinks.

Wow, I can see why you were confused! So many posts about all different things. Red Sex Links are a mix between a red colored rooster and white colored hen. The chicks and adults of this cross would be different colors based on gender. The males as chicks are yellow and grow up to have the base color of white with some red markings. The females as chicks are red and grow up to have the base color of red with some white markings. Sex linked basically means that the chicks can be sexed by appearance alone as day olds. If you breed a Red Sex Link male and female together the sex linking won't continue to the next generation. Your chickens appear to be second generation so they are essentially mixed breeds since they aren't sex linkable. The one with the large comb is definitely a cockerel and the other one appears to be a pullet as of now. Hopefully this cleared up some questions.
1f600.png

Wow, I can see why you were confused! So many posts about all different things. Red Sex Links are a mix between a red colored rooster and white colored hen. The chicks and adults of this cross would be different colors based on gender. The males as chicks are yellow and grow up to have the base color of white with some red markings. The females as chicks are red and grow up to have the base color of red with some white markings. Sex linked basically means that the chicks can be sexed by appearance alone as day olds. If you breed a Red Sex Link male and female together the sex linking won't continue to the next generation. Your chickens appear to be second generation so they are essentially mixed breeds since they aren't sex linkable. The one with the large comb is definitely a cockerel and the other one appears to be a pullet as of now. Hopefully this cleared up some questions.
1f600.png

that is what i just shorted it lol
tongue2.gif

Then how in the world can someone sell them as chanteclers. Ugh

I shld have just got cheap chicks and just wait and see. Kinda what happened anyways just cost a lot more.

Back
Top Bottom