What do you gather eggs in?! Pics?

Oh Lordy!! Everything from stuffing them in my pockets to using one of my socks out of sheer desperation one day!
gig.gif
Mostly I use my pockets or a nice little plastic coated wire basket that I got at the dollar store. I like it as it never rusts after I wash it. After eight years of gathering eggs, it's my best egg collecting vessel! I frequently forget to bring the basket out to the coop with me, so big pockets are always a blessing. Thankfully, I haven't had to resort to using one of my socks in a long time!
lau.gif

when i raised chickens with my grandma we used what ever was usable that day. sometimes we used wicker Easter baskets. sometimes we used the cute wire ones i bought her but most of the time we used small 2 gallon buckets or bowls from the kitchen. the oldest chickens i have got for my self aren't due to start laying for another 2 months or so. so we'll see.

Tell me if this isn't the cutest thing you've ever seen!

A friend saw it at a yard sale and picked it up for me! I don't normally use it for eggs though. My hand is usually swollen from arthritis and I'm afraid of dropping the eggs as I'm trying to fish them out of the small opening on the basket. I keep it hanging outside the coop for scrub brushes and such.

Jennygibs, thank you for the pic of your basket. It is very cute, and looks practical. I'd love to find one like it.
I am also very new. We are first time chicken owners and have 17 chicks only 6 weeks old. Like MissMaryMac, I am planning ahead.
Also love the idea of thrift store shopping.

Jennygibs, thank you for the pic of your basket. It is very cute, and looks practical. I'd love to find one like it.
I am also very new. We are first time chicken owners and have 17 chicks only 6 weeks old. Like MissMaryMac, I am planning ahead.
Also love the idea of thrift store shopping.

holy crap
ep.gif
!! are you sure you want that many for your first try? Chickens can be a pain in the neck
old.gif

I didn't read all the pages, so I don't know if anyone already said this. I don't have a pic.

My daughter does as much of the gathering as is practical. She has a sturdy white wicker basket that she uses for Easter. It's lined with pink plastic Easter "grass" which actually cushions and holds a lot of eggs very nicely.

Back
Top Bottom