What do you get when you cross breed Rhode Island red and golden comet?

herb potts

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 10, 2012
I have a Rhode Island red rooster and golden comet hens? what kind of offspring can I expect if I incubate a couple dozen eggs?

:yuckyuck

Hard to tell with the hybrid crosses sometimes what you will end up with, because the possibilities are many. Likely though it'll be a good layer!

Last edited:
Herb, I know it was a while back you posted this, but I'm curious if you could distinguish the chicks sex by their coloring. I've got a broody gold comet sitting on some of the same crosses right now.

Thinking about incubation the same. They both have large brown eggs so couldn't b nothing but large or xlrge brown eggs.

Thinking about incubation the same. They both have large brown eggs so couldn't b nothing but large or xlrge brown eggs.
I had 4 of those to hatch and are a little over 6 weeks old now. Most are a buff color with a little white lacing and some black mingled in. There is one rooster that I think is going to be very pretty. He is mostly red, with a little white in his wings and his tail. I will try to post a picture for you.

I had 4 of those to hatch and are a little over 6 weeks old now. Most are a buff color with a little white lacing and some black mingled in. There is one rooster that I think is going to be very pretty. He is mostly red, with a little white in his wings and his tail. I will try to post a picture for you. 

Wast it Rhode Island Red roo over gold sex link hen or other way around?

Back
Top Bottom